Mucus Plug???

sukisues

Reaction score
I am now 3 days overdue :( , but the last 2 days I think I have been losing my musuc plug (i feel stupid saying I think), can someone tell me what this is like because mine sorry to be so graffic :oops: but it's like the white of the egg before cooking but the only trouble is i swear that it's lime green, but very transparent - and i am wondering about maybe having an infection or something. Also I have been getting a lot of bearable pain but don't know whether it's because i am a little constipated i know this is all tmi, and I am sorry but I don't know who else to ask, and you've all been helpful throughout my pregnancy. Thx is advance.

i wud describe it as egg white.. very sticky and stringy. colour can be very diferent for every woman.

mine was like a pale yellow... but i know when i was in labour and my waters had broke the colour was green as it was stained with meconium so i wud tell your midwife just to be safe.

good luck and hope u meet ur baby soon

I haven't been there yet so I don't speak from experience but my Mum was talking me through her labour with me today and that's how she described the show too although I think she had some blood as well. She also said that she didn't get much pain with her contractions to begin with- she just thought they were Braxton Hicks for the first 16 or so hours but actually they weren't! So I'd phone your midwife if I were you as you could be in business!

Good luck :) not long until you hold baby in your arms :)

+++

Thx for to replies - this morning it was a little different, it was clear and i'm keeping a close eye on it and any more hints of lime green and i'm straight on the phone - i have hospital tomorrow anyway to have the dreaded sweep so i'll mention it all there. I just want to hold my baby boy now - but as people say he will come out when he's ready. :)

Hi sukisues,
Snap! I had my show on saturday, must admit it was not what I expected I thought it was going to be more like a lump of pinkish tissue, but (sorry if this sounds gross) it looked like I had just blown my nose, like thick yellowish mucous and there was loads of it!

Dont worry about the sweep I have had 2 so far and will hopefully be having another today to try to get things going. Its uncomfortable but its over pretty quick, just try to relax as much as possible as it will hurt more if your muscles are tense.

Good luck!

Thank for the advice Cat - i will TRY and relax. Hope if you have another sweep that it works, and it won't be to long until your holding your little baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back