Moving house, resigned from job

Sherlock

Reaction score
and have a stinker of a cold and am feeling exhusted from lack of a decent nights sleep. Baby is going through a growing spurt it seems as my tummy is rapidly expanding outward :lol:

I'm busy packing, although we don't move till the start of Jan, but with Christmas and so on and my job ending, I just wanted to be as organised as possible with everything as my OH is working flat out atm so is not around much to help with things. Am trying to do what I can on my own.

The thing is I am feeling shattered. I am falling asleep most evenings on the sofa if no one is around and then going to bed and sleeping, but have really patchy nights and am awake anything between 4-8 times in a night. And most times if I wake around 4am I just can't go back to sleep.

Its really starting to take its toll on me. I usually sleep on my right side in the recovery position but of course that doesn't happen much now. And I wake with pins and needles in the arm I am not lying on :roll:

I'm off to see my GP next week and my job ends in 3 weeks, so I shall hopefully get back on track but really would like to know if you ladies get as tired and is it normal and if so what do you find works?

:)

I'm tired all the time and wake constantly in the night too

I hope your cold's better soon :hug: :hug:
Could you maybe ask your doctor if he could sign you off work for a week so you can take some daytime naps and concentrate on packing inbetween?
It sounds like you've got a lot on at the moment

I might ask her when I see her.

TBH its just the lack of decent sleep I think, coupled with everything else. I felt exhusted in first tri but that passed and now I seem to be feeling the same way all over again but obviously for different reasons.

Even if I don't drink much after 7pm I still wake and need the loo at least 4 times in a night. I did wonder about diabetes so shall ask my GP about that also.

I am constantly shattered too - I even took thursday and friday off and I dont feel any better today :(

Hope u are feeling better soon

Sherlock, congrats on the move and sorry to hear about the cold of doom :evil:

I am also really struggling with tiredness. I sleep every afternoon for at least 2 hours and then 9 hours a night on top of that - but whenever I'm sleeping I keep waking up and I never seem to sleep deeply like I used to. Like you, I get pins and needles a lot too.

I am so tired that walking to the local shop means I fall asleep in the living room as soon as I get home. I suspect I may be anaemic and I'm thinking of starting to take Pregnacare again. Is this a possibility with you?

Anyway I really hope you feel better soon. Being tired sucks cos it makes me all emotional all the time too :cry:

debecca said:
I suspect I may be anaemic and I'm thinking of starting to take Pregnacare again. Is this a possibility with you?

Anyway I really hope you feel better soon. Being tired sucks cos it makes me all emotional all the time too :cry:

Thanks debecca :) I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who is shattered. People keep telling me this is the blooming stage and I should feel great :roll: If great = total crap, then yup I do :lol:

I was wondering also about anaemia but I am taking pregnancy vitamins most days and eating all the right foods.

I do try to take a nap when I can but some days its just not possible or when I am actually ready to fall asleep I am somewhere where this is not possible, and then when I get home I've gone past that point and can't relax.

I think once my job ends and I can relax a little more and not have all the stress that has been ongoing these past few weeks hopefully I'll feel better.

And I have to admit to being more bad tempered recently than I have been in months. Like you I'm a bundle of emotions and hormones. My poor hubby has no idea what is going on :roll:

I'm completely shattered like you too. The doctor tested me for aneamia but it's not that. I had problems with sore hips and shoulders and numb arms from sleeping so now sleep with a big quilt under me and now I wake up less and don't feel as bad in the morning! I really recommend it! I'm going to get a mattress topper - the bit of foam which goes on top of your mattress to make it sqishy. The huge problem with this is that I just don't have the energy to go and buy one!!!! So I'll make do with quilts for now :)
I'm sorry you girls feel bad but I'm a bit relieved that I'm not the only 2nd trimester who's wilting rather than blooming :oops:

awww :hug: hope you are feeling better soon sherlock and hope the move goes safely and as stress free as possible :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back