Moved from hertfordshire to suffolk & struggling :(

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
I recently moved from herts to suffolk to live with my fiance, but it seems ever since I fell pregnant I'm really struggling being away from my family and friends.
My sister has a 16-month-old girl and I would love it for my little one to be able to have somebody to play with, and to pop over for a cuppa but I can't :(

It's been such a struggle that I've even considered moving back, but it means up-rooting my other half and alot of changes would have to be made.
It may be because my hormones are all over the place but I keep crying and I can't wait to go home and visit everyone, because I'm really starting to feel lonely here! Sorry, just needed to let that out!

I know how you feel - I've moved round quite a bit!

Now you're pregnant you could find your local NCT group and that will help to meet others who are having babies at the same time as you...

SPC xx

Im in Stowmarket, Private message me if u want someone to talk to I will give u my text number xxxx

I moved from north west England to north east a year ago and I've struggled with it from day one x now I'm pg I struggle even more especially since my OH's family are rude, ignorant, basically ignore him and aren't the least bit interested in the baby so I'm really missing my support network, especially my sister x I hope it gets easier for you x we're looking at moving closer to my family x

I too moved to be with my OH - its only half an hour down the road from my family but I still struggle, It does get easier with time but I would give anything to be able to move back to my home town,

I'm in a similar situation, moved from Hampshire to Essex a year and half ago for OH's job and it was hard enough then, it's at least a 2 hour drive to go back and my nearest friend is an hours drive away. :cry: I've found it very hard making friends here as I work an hour away and don't know how to meet people my age. I'm hoping having a little one is going to mean that I can meet other girls at classes etc, but I still feel really alone alot esp as OH is away all the time.
I would really like to move back to Hampshire but it just isn't feasible really and would mean being away from OH which would be even worse.
It's always a difficult situation moving but I am hopeful that being a mum rather than just me on my own will turn me into a magnet for people like me through classes and things if that makes any sense at all!!! :lol:

Where about's in Hertfordshire? I live in Bedfordshire and am really close to Hitchin area.

I lived in Hemel Hempstead & moved to Bury St Edmunds. I am also finding it hard to meet people, and I'm so used to seeing my friends all the time back home, so being here and never going out is really difficult.
Thank you Emz, I will drop you a private message over the weekend when I get back on here xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back