Motion sickness and pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by michaelsmum, Jan 10, 2012.

1. michaelsmum

michaelsmum Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I'm just looking for anyone who's had experience of this in their pregnancy and what they did about it...

I'm going to the States to visit my family at the end of March when I'll be 18 weeks along. I get really bad travel sickness and I'm worried about the 10 hour flight without medication!

Has anyone else had this problem? Any medications you've been told are ok to use? I'll ask my midwife about it when I meet her (in 2 weeks time) but I thought I'd see what experiences anyone here has had first!

Thanks!

2. babyem

babyem Well-Known Member

I won't be flying while I'm pregnant, but I have had motion sickness on the bus, Calms might be ok? It would be best to ask your GP x

3. masonowen

masonowen Well-Known Member

I get it bad too, but didn't have it on a plane just on buses and in cars, I don,t get it all the time tho, I can go for months without having any, then it just starts out of the blue, so I haven't got anything to help coz I don,t know when I,ll need it lol. I,d go to your gp and see what they can give you.

4. mishi

mishi Well-Known Member

Have you tried these babes?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sea-Band-Wrist-Band-Nausea-Relief/dp/B000LNEB0Q

I use them if I have to go on a train or bus and, hubby bought me a new set couple of weeks ago to help with the current all day nausea! They don' t seem to help me with that, but do usually help when I'm travelling.

Most good chemists have them if your interested.x

5. michaelsmum

michaelsmum Well-Known Member

Thanks for your replies, everyone!

Mishi, I have tried sea bands before and I'm not sure if they helped much but I'll definitely give them a go again regardless!