Mothers Day- What do you secretl want?

Reaction score
Mothers Day is coming up and I'm struggling to think of what to get for my Mother.

Whenever I have asked her in the past on what she wants whether it be for her birthday, Christmas or Mothers Day it's always 'Anything you get me will be special love'

Well... I refuse to believe this so, what is it that you all secretly want your partners and children to get you for Mothers Day but don't want to ask for it?

Last edited:
A posh tea somewhere. And a day out xx

A day out with just my oh and daughter. For my first mothers day last year I really wanted a day just us three but my mum wanted a big lunch so we went there and then into oh's mum's afterwards and while a nice day it felt like there was a lot of rushing about with lo. I'm hoping for a day out to the beach or swimming and lunch but I'm sure if my mum or mil say something I'll keep them happy

A day out with just my oh and daughter. For my first mothers day last year I really wanted a day just us three but my mum wanted a big lunch so we went there and then into oh's mum's afterwards and while a nice day it felt like there was a lot of rushing about with lo. I'm hoping for a day out to the beach or swimming and lunch but I'm sure if my mum or mil say something I'll keep them happy

What a struggle to keep everyone happy. I supposed these specific days are specific to a lot of people :(

I hope you get what you want. My partner and I celebrate mothers day separately. He often takes his mum out to a posh restaurant or something.

I on the other hand, can't take my Mother out anywhere. She can't drive and I can't drive, we work different hours and she cares for my little brother who has mental disabilities.

I'm thinking this year of getting her this personalised jigsaw with a picture of all her kids that she can build with my brother.

That's a really nice idea I'm sure that would mean a lot to her

Yeah mothers day is an important day for a lot of people. I am hoping my mum and mil won't say anything and I'll see them on the Saturday butif either of them want to do something its not a problem. This year will be better as lo isn't so full on

What a struggle to keep everyone happy. I supposed these specific days are specific to a lot of people :(

I hope you get what you want. My partner and I celebrate mothers day separately. He often takes his mum out to a posh restaurant or something.

I on the other hand, can't take my Mother out anywhere. She can't drive and I can't drive, we work different hours and she cares for my little brother who has mental disabilities.

I'm thinking this year of getting her this personalised jigsaw with a picture of all her kids that she can build with my brother.

That is a lovely idea and very thoughtful. Will your OH not spend anytime with you if you now have a child together?

We're trying for a child at the moment, when we do have children I'm sure things will change. We'll probably make 3 days of it and all go visit everyone.

My mother loved the Jigsaw, my little brother helped her build it and they had such fun.

A new Winsor and Newton watercolor set since my current one is almost gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back