Mothercare Xcursion?/ Prams in general

jld123

Reaction score
Has anyone got this?

it seems you cant pick a pram without reading awful reviews on it ! Its so frustrating, how are we supposed to know what to go by?

Im not made of money so about £380.00 is all we are willing to spend on a travel system, possibly jus the pram and pay for the additional car seat if we really have to.

I went for the silver cross 3d, and have read awful reviews! plus its slightly bigger than most which has changed my mind.

Next i considered the Mothercare Xcursion, only to read awful reviews on that too! its exactly what im looking for and at a reasonable price too. So why would they continue to make a shit pram? Sorry about the rant, its just stressing me out! I need a pram thats on the mothercare baby plan, as we have already set this up and cannot afford to pay all upfront.

Any suggestions? (ps, not to offend anyone but i dont want a 3 wheeler)

I've found with ANYTHING baby related someone will have an opinion and you'll always find someone with a bad opinion :( I had the mothercare Trenton deluxe and got on fabulously with it except it's quite heavy! At the moment I have the mothercare my4 and have to admit I LOVE it! It's perfect for us because the handle adjusts making it much easier for me to push, it's really light even with my hefalump in it and it folds small. Only major downside for me is that the base has to be removed for it to fold and when it's not on the frame it collapses, making it impossible to keep baby in it. The massive plus points for me (apart from the lightness and handle) are the choice of which way baby can face, the fact it can be used from birth, the ease of which you can change baby's sitting position and it's silly but I live that on the hood there's a window that you can either cover or have uncovered to see baby :)

To answer your question, no I don't have the xcursion but if you love it and it fits your lifestyle then go for it!!!!

thanks for the thorough explanation of the my4! i will certainly look into it, going to mothercare on thursday so will take it for a spin. Its just been really frustrating because i feel like as soon as i have my heart set on something, some random busy body internet blogger has to dampen it!

I'm having this problem too - I'm obsessed with reading reviews for EVERYTHING I buy and I'm yet to find a travel system/pram that has all good reviews. I was looking at the Quinny Buzz 4 but I think it's a bit out of my price range. I also like the look of the mothercare xcursion!
Me and OH are gonna head over to one of the big mothercares and have a 'test drive' of a few to help us make up our minds.

I fell in love with the spin at mothercare and the my4 and finally ended up with the my4 x sorry for derailing thread with it! Lol

no probs! all info and advice is welcome! x

You'll find everything has bad reviews. I think some people buy a pram and expect too much, iykwim.

We got the 3D before AJ was born, I knew the pro's and con's of it as I'd researched my 'perfect pram' The reviews were a bit off putting but over 2 yrs on and I still use it (occasionally now as I've downsized to a smaller buggy because AJ likes to walk).

Have fun playing :) x

You'll find everything has bad reviews. I think some people buy a pram and expect too much, iykwim.

We got the 3D before AJ was born, I knew the pro's and con's of it as I'd researched my 'perfect pram' The reviews were a bit off putting but over 2 yrs on and I still use it (occasionally now as I've downsized to a smaller buggy because AJ likes to walk).

It's good to read this as I got the 3d even after reading the bad reviews and have been a bit worried.

I've got an xcursion!!!
I love it, it's beautiful. It's do easy to unclip the car seat ot normal seat, you can have baby facing either way, it lies flat, it has all the benefits of all the other prams. Only downside is it is quite bulky we had to take the wheels off to fit it in boot but it's really simple to do! Oh and after 3 months aiden is too big for the car seat but he is massive so I don't suppose many people have problems with that!!

I've got the silvercross linear freeway which also has bad reviews But i love it, its just a bit bulky! hope you find the perfect Pram for you xx

It's good to read this as I got the 3d even after reading the bad reviews and have been a bit worried.

:)

Silver Cross customer service are good too when you get through to them (they're a bit slow).
We had the old style hood which had a zip off sun canopy, after a year and a half (we'd never really used it, maybe a handfull of times at most) the zip broke making the hood useless. They sent us a new hood free of charge! :D Apart from that we've had no problems at all. x

i think the problem with reviews is that most people will only bother to sit and right a review if they are annoyed about something, if they are happy they tend not to even think about it

I try and take reviews with a pinch of salt to be honest with you, inevitably there are people out there who break things but blame the product, and people who dont use things as instructed, as well as just seriously fussy people who arent actually happy with anything.

I think when it comes to prams you should go and do a test drive day at mothercare or similar and just try out all the features on all the different ones you like :)

Ive bought the mothercare xcursion too.. I read all the reviews and they put me off for a while but in the end i just decided it seemed to fit everything i wanted from a travel system. I got mine off ebay though.. 2nd hand but in perfect condition for 122 pound :D .... so if i really hate it ill just stick it on there again and get something different although im hoping ill love it :D

Good luck in finding one!

I got the Hauck Condor recently x I couldn't afford much and I really like the silver cross 3d too x The reviews on it were good, and I'm very very pleased with it. In fact, I like it better than the 3d x

http://www.hauckuk.com/en/hauck/strollers/condor-11-all-in-one-set.html

I got it in silver x My friend has the excursion travel system (although think she bought a car seat, but not sure) and she loves it too xx

thanks everyone, i think im going to go for the xcursion! :D

i on budget this time round because a refuse pay so dear for pram a did it with me son but u learn from ur mistakes they not in it that long and also 1s with big chasis arent suitable for going in car best 1 a seen so far is called storm a like it in red comes with everything pram carseat pushchair bag raincover all for 299 in me local shop x

What about the Mothercare Spin. Its everything I didn't want but when I saw the Limited Edition I HAD to get it. I wanted a 3 wheeler and not in black. This ones got 4 wheels and black lol. It was a bit pricey but that's cos it's the Limited Edition and I whacked it on the CC but the normal one is cheaper but still as nice just different colours. I cant wait to use it :) xxx

my friend is getting the spin, so i feel like i cant. plus its a bit pricy for me !

Yeah every pram will have good and bad reviews from people depending on their own preferences! I have the Silver Cross 3D and although I agree it is a little big, it is such good quality and so sturdy - which is what I need for my big fat boy, lol. I also think it is really good value for what you get xx

i absolutely loved the 3d! until i saw all these tiny prams around town. and my mind changed, im so fussy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back