• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mothercare to close 110 stores

Yeah that is a bit of a blow but we haven’t had a Mothercare on the high street in Aberdeen for a long time now though, just a superstore that’s in a retail park. To be honest I have bought some bits from them but I find that they are rather expensive compared to other places even on their website. The only reason I bought some stuff from there was because I couldn’t be bothered waiting if i ordered them online.

Last edited:
Ooh I heard about this, my sister-in-law works at the head office in Watford and told me they're closing lots of the high street ones, but the big mothercare stores will be better and hopefully more of those will open; our closest one is about a 40min drive away :(

I feel sorry for the people who will be left jobless.. Over the past few years 2 local Mothercares have closed down, have a small one in town but if I'm being honest it's rubbish, we have a huge megastore about a 20 minute drive away and I would always favor that one x

doesnt suprise me at all. im not a mothercare fan im afraid.

i started working for early learning centre in 2007 as manager of ashford atore and in my last 2 weeks of training before i had stepped into my store i was told they were closing it down and putting it in with mothercare. i luckily got moved to another store but cant say i enjoyed it as all i kept hearing was how they were clearing out all the elc staff by closing down head office and moving it into one. yes makes sense but some of them had been there for more years than ive been alive.

then i started in the canterbury store and they then closed that one last june. it was very upsetting and i actually asked to be made redundant as didnt trust the company anymore. its very sad as they are a fantastic company and have been on the high street for years but as you can imagine im abit against them for good reason. lol. xxx

Ooo we have just had a new mothercare open13days ago, so I guess that they might close our town centre one!

yeah they will kelly. they are putting them all in big ones now. xxx

awh its gutting! ... its a shame that retail parks are taking over our towns :(
we've only got newlook and a handful of other stores left @ our town..
all the others are take aways :( x

We have quite a big city centre but Belfast would lose a lot regarding tourists if they took it all away, think it's sad it's happening elsewhere xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back