mothercare rant...stupid fuck wits

rhian85

Reaction score
okay im so pissed off with mothercare, we went into store today to sort out the pram etc, and decided to open a mothercare account that goes through fine and so we just pay a £10 deposit only she looks at OH and goes "ur card is delcined - we have to ring the bank" so i told her that we had just used it in boots so WTF ?? so she asks for another card comes back "ohh thats declined i'll ring the bank"

she goes off, comes back " i need to keep ur cards" by now i was fuming both cards had not long been used in other shops but no she took them away and asked us to use cash - ok not a prob.

BUT....OH rign s the bank tonight to find out what has gone on bank reply with "there are no probs on ur accounts, we were NOT contacted by mothercare and that had NO RIGHT to detain the cards with out our permission"

SO now we have the joint card and OH's wage account card detained with out authorisation and due to this they have had to block both cards with instant affect as they not sure where they could end up :evil: :evil:

so we are with out cards for a few days IM SO GONNA RING MOTHERCARE 2MRW 4 ANSWERS. so pissing angry with them AAARRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so angry

Thats really odd i hope you can get to the bottom off it what a pain though.

well as i say the accounts are well in credit not one of thenm overdrawn and bank confirmed that there was no reason at all for that to happen and they even said mothercare never rang them :wall: :wall: and like i say they did not have any authorisation to kake the cards sooo angry going to ring head office 2mrw for answers

:shock:
Did you know that if a member of staff in a shop detains a card off a customer they get a reward from the bank when they return it.

pilkers said:
OMFG!!! I would be raging. It sounds very suspicious to me. Did you get the name of the cashier? Did she/he take your cards out of your sight at all?

I wouldn't be ringing Mothercare...I'd be in that store tomorrow morning demanding an explanation and apology and I would demand to see the person who took my feckin' cards and ask what they had done with them... then I'd ring Head Office and complain again
name might be on the receipt

pilkers said:
OMFG!!! I would be raging. It sounds very suspicious to me. Did you get the name of the cashier? Did she/he take your cards out of your sight at all?

I wouldn't be ringing Mothercare...I'd be in that store tomorrow morning demanding an explanation and apology and I would demand to see the person who took my feckin' cards and ask what they had done with them... then I'd ring Head Office and complain again

Me Too!

:shhh: and demanding free stuff/vouchers as compensation

Hazel said:
Did you know that if a member of staff in a shop detains a card off a customer they get a reward from the bank when they return it.

jezzzus u serious ???? fecking heck stupid twats
pilkers said:

ohh yeah i got her name alright its on the recipt . she did take the card well she took it over to the phone with her the oppersite side of customer services and had her back to us

no the only way they will get a reward is if the card they took is found to be being used as fraud etc.

they wont get a reward because there is nothing wrong with the cards

I'd kick up a real stink and demand to speak to the manager and as compensation for the additional and unnecessary stress ask for a discount!
Thats terrible that they did that.
I hope you get a positive outcome!

it was the embaressment as well they were not exactly descreat about it and had at least 4 more customers behind us :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: also had a very hungary/tired toddler who had been patient enoug but after 15 mmins he got fed up, it was tressing me out as well and thats not good im just so angry about it all

I NEVER use my card in mothercare if i can avoid it ever since i brought a toy for alice for £12.50 and i put it on my card, to only get home and check my online banking to see they had taken it twice. Fine these things happen, but when i called the branch and was told it was up to the managers discretion if they gave me a refund i hit the roof! Luckily i called my bank and they said they could see the error (some code was the same or something) and they stopped one of the payments, but the reaction of the staff member i spoke to at mothercare shocked me.

Hazel said:
i work in retail and i think u get a reward if u retain a lost card or a fruadulant card and actually these days i think its only a fruadulant card. this is well dodgy did the card go through the chip n pin reader and did u get to put the pin number in coz only after uv done that is when a card can get declined. This is awfull im so glad u got her name the head office should take this very seriously i would go in the store and confront the manager aswell hope its all ok for u :hug:

Its up tothe card issues ( eg your bank) if they chose to pay a reward or not.
Cards can get delined before the pin is put in if the card issue has but certian types of blocks on the card.

trudie said:
Hazel said:
i work in retail and i think u get a reward if u retain a lost card or a fruadulant card and actually these days i think its only a fruadulant card. this is well dodgy did the card go through the chip n pin reader and did u get to put the pin number in coz only after uv done that is when a card can get declined. This is awfull im so glad u got her name the head office should take this very seriously i would go in the store and confront the manager aswell hope its all ok for u :hug:

I've had problems in mothercare with my card before....had to use cash, but the card/account was fine elsewhere.

It also happens in New Look, must be their machines.

trudie said:
Hazel said:

yeah hun he put it in chip "n" pin and entered his pin tats when she said it was declined :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back