Mothercare My3 OR Jane Slalom Pro

EllieBelle

Reaction score
Had my heart set on the Jane Slalom Pro Travel System although havent actually been able to find one in the shops to actually have a proper look at.

Then yesterday whilst browsing through the Mothercare catalogue came across the new Mothercare My3 which looks fantastic also and a much better price than the Jane, which would mean we could spend the extra money on other baby items!

Does anyone have either of these travel systems and if so can you give me the good and bad points please.

Our only real criteria is the fact we are both tall so the handle(s) must be adjustable, and that it will be suitable for walking the dog, across different terrains (mainly tracks and grass) - hence the reason we were considering a 3 wheeler over a 4!

Many Thanks

I don't have either, but I also had my heart set on the Jane Slamon Pro until I found out how heavy it is! We obviously looked at it while heavily pregnant, but I could barely lift it, if you don't plan to use the car much that is fine, but I couldn't get it high enough to get it in the boot!! Mind you I am a 5' weakling!

I like the fact that the my3 gives you the option of parent facing too.

We have the Jane Slalom and I absolutely love it :D

We got it so we could go walking with the dog along bumpy country paths and I have to say it's great for this. The fact that the puschair isn't parent facing hasn't been a problem for us - she much prefers facing out and I moved her out of her carrycot early because she just didn't like facing me :roll:

We have the Jane and love it. The latest one has an improved pram/infant carrier and should be much easier to fit into more cars - http://www.preciouslittleone.com/acatal ... A-H61.html

We did check out the Mothercare one but I hated it. Compared to the Jane it felt so flimsy and the handle for pushing is flat and I always like them rounded to grip on to. Flat handlesbars annoy the crap out of me. Also didn't like the wheels on the My3. Overall it is good I suppose if you don't mind having less substance. We got the Jane as we live on a farm and needed something tough and easy to use but hardwearing. Its certainly been that. Does cross country up the steepest hills and stoniest paths and then zips round town as easy as you please also. Jane has inflated tyres which come off with an easy click and so can be washed if muddy. Also the seats (car seat/matrix etc) are really easy to clip into the frame. Also folds easily.

O and I love the proper brake on the Jane. Very handy for when going down hills rather than having to use your body weight.

Down side of the Jane is until you go over to the standard frame for 6 months plus it will take up a lot of space in the boot (unless you are using the Cup or parm seat as a car seat also). We don't so it fills our estate car boot. But thats ok for us. Next month LO goes over to it being just the pushchair and we leave the Matrix cup behind.

Raincovers are simple and easy to use and we bought a one size fits all sun cover rather than the parasol which was a bit crap. Jane is parent facing with one of the parms/carriers and then forward facing once a bit bigger.

I've never found it overly heavy but then I am 5'9 and used to lifting things. The matrix cup is a bit on the heavy side so I'd say to look at the Strata range over the Matrix one as its smaller and lighter. It is easy to use and nippy.

Sherlock said:
Raincovers are simple and easy to use and we bought a one size fits all sun cover rather than the parasol which was a bit crap. Jane is parent facing with one of the parms/carriers and then forward facing once a bit bigger.
quote]

Sherlock - where did you get the sun canopy from - really need to get something to shade LO's eyes.

drea b said:
Sherlock - where did you get the sun canopy from - really need to get something to shade LO's eyes.

We got an Outlook one

Fits practically any pushchair or pram. We use it for our parent facing pram atm and it fits it well. Ties on rather than velcros atm. Once he goes forward facing it'll velcro up rather than tie.

Also good as you can mess around with where you want to position it and we find it good as it pulls right down.

I have the Jane one. Agree with the other Jane owners points above plus:

* it's only heavy with the matrix car seat on, otherwise the frame is really light.

* sun shade: I got a Shade-a-babe http://www.babyzoop.co.uk/gear/shadeababe.htm which fits all 3 wheelers. Think it is great as it doubles as a mosquito net too.

And I wanted to write more but LO just woke up. Back later :)

EllieBelle said:
Our only real criteria is the fact we are both tall so the handle(s) must be adjustable, and that it will be suitable for walking the dog, across different terrains (mainly tracks and grass) - hence the reason we were considering a 3 wheeler over a 4!

O the handlebar on the Jane can go into 3 positions. Downward, midway and high. I use the highest one and when in heels also I'm close on 6ft and it is comfy to push then also.

And our dog goes pretty much everywhere with us. We manage the Jane and him just fine together. If I go out on my own across country I like I can unclip the Matrix cup (with LO in) in a second, collapse the frame and lift them over a stile separately. Then clip the Matrix cup back on and carry on.

Jane absorbs the shocks very well also I find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back