Pushchair advice-Jane Slalom or MC Quantam

TheRiz

Reaction score
Hiya
:wave:
Newbie here, We are expecting our first child in Early March; currentley we are doing the Pushchair rounds which has actually been quite fun.
As off road and weight is a key factor;We've narrowed our list to the Jane Slalom or the new Urban Quantam at Mothercare, I was wondering if anyone had feedback regarding any of the two models...would love to hear how current owners feel about them.

Thanks

We've bought the Jane Slalom with the Matrix cup carseat for the new baby. I obviously haven't tried it out with a baby in their yet but on first impressions I love it. It's seems very sturdy compared to some I've tried and the seat lies totally flat so is suitable from newborn.
The matrix cup looks lovely on the chassis as a carrycot.

Two things to bear in mind though...the matrix cup is very heavy so it would be difficult to carry baby around in it, it really needs to be either in the car or on the chassis. Also I don't think it will fit in a trolley when you go to the supermarket.

The other thing is the pushchair is still huge when folded so you'll have to consider how much bootspace you've got. I'd say it's far too big to get on a bus easily.

The quantum looks lovely but I've never seen one in the flesh. Mothercare were out of stock when I was looking and didn't have one on show in store.

I'd recommend going into mothercare and try pushing them both around, and folding them. If you do decide to go for the Jane you can get them brand new on ebay a lot cheaper than the highstreet. I got the pushchair, matrix cup, cosytoe, raincover and changing bag for £375.

Thankyou for that, we tried the Quantam at our local Mothercare, My only concern is wheather it is Robust enough as it just seems very light...

We have the Jane Slalom too with both the Rebel Pro and Matrix Cup car seats and they are really nice.

I'd say to certainly go and try them out in the shops and see what you like. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back