Mother in laws advice

bossbump

Reaction score
What is it with mother in laws they think they know it all they give you bad advice and interfere. Does anyone else feel this way ha ha i love the bones of her but they are hard to get used to. mine moved in with us when we only had been together for 6 months and lived together for 4 in a one bed flat. WE slept on the floor and she had our bed cos she was moaning about her back hint hint. She was cooking all my food for my fellas mates and taking the credit. and Using my phone to run up a 90 pound phone bill calling tunisia. She moved in our new flat when we had our daughter jodie and she was 3 weeks old and she was trying to tell me what to do. i was told to knock off the night feeds when she needed them to grow she just wanted to sleep all night.God love her but they are hard work. lets hear your stories will be funny xxx paula

My MIL lives in Bali :lol:

And isnt very good on a PC.... and what with the time difference telephone calls are difficult hehe! Nah she's cool.

Mine is a nightmare!

i swear to god she aint the full shillin. she dont talk she shouts!

she tells me that Dior has a lisp! but dior is only 1 and not even talking properly.
when Dior was 7months she claimed Dior walked across the living room alone and said "nanny" and gave her nan a big kiss :fib:

she has Dior every tuesday and she uses 15nappies a day she has Dior 7hrs! thats a clean nappy every 30mins???? i dont get it y???? money dont grow on trees. she said Dior keeps asking her to change her bum :fib: strange woman :think:

and since Harles been born shes held him once..

when Dior was born she was kitted her out in such nice expensive clothes. she spent £100's Harley got a dungree set from the market still with the £1.99 sticker on it!
poor lil man

Mine is a strange one......

We go up to see her (which we will be doing on Saturday) and we will go out for a meal, but she will hardly open her mouth..........now I am not hard to get on with and I can talk for Britain, but everything I ask her, she comes back with a one word answer, she cannot make conversation at all!!!! But throw a bloody waiter into the scenario and then she wont bloosy shut up, she embarrasses the hell out of us.

On a good note, she doesn't interfere with anything at all, I think she is slowly getting over the fact that her son has a family of his own now (I think there was a lot of resentment when we first moved in together, as I had taken her son away.......then when my Mum was ill and we couldn't visit as much, that didn't help, she would moan about her stupid aches and pains, hardly on the same scale of things, I just wanted to punch the selfish cow!!!!!!).

But she is OK, I don't have to talk to her much and she keeps herself to herself and she is polite enough when we go up to see her and she has taken my DD on as her won, so all in all, she is OK, could be a lot worse!

pmsl Dionne damn you have raised a clever child there!!! lol walking and talking at 7 months!! hehe :clap: does you're mil think you're stupid? :shock:

I must say my mil is great....we dont see her that much as she lives in London, its not that far but she enjoys going out with her fella alot and on hols alot. She is lovely, and Alan gets on with my mom alike so everyones happy atm..i guess it could change, but i hope not :) .

bossbump if you look in the relationships topic you will see quite a few threads on problems with the MIL. There is also a poll asking who gets on with theirs, and i never knew how many people didnt lol, its quite alot!

Cas x

Strangely i get on with my MIL, though she can be a pain sometimes.

Richards mam is a pain in my arse. The best thing about moving to another country was getting rid of her lol.

Last christmas she bought me a plastic squeaky dog toy!!! :shock:

She asked Richard is he needed her to pay for a paternity test for the baby when we told her i was pregnant!!!!!!!!!

gotta say mines great! Sorry :oops:

she has alex 3 afternoons a week, always respects how i say to do things, asks if its ok to do stuff or not. never makes me feel bad if i say no i'd rather he didnt etc.

couldnt ask for better to be honest!

sorry just thought i would put the other side - some of your sound like very nasty pieces of work though or in Dionnes case - just plain old loopy!
:lol:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I dont see mine that much, but she is ok, we dont have a right lot to chat about, but we get along just fine.
My DH adores my mum, they get on great. Infact my mum calls him daily too while he is working away, he loves going to her house when he is home, he and my dad spend sunday afternoons looking at their old cars (54 Beetle and 64 landrover!) and mum cooks him his favourite (roast beef and yorkies) Its nice they get along.
Id love a MIL in Bali......fantastic place for a holiday!

About what you said dionne when she never baught harly much. His mum gave us 2 blue knitted cardis she said she knitted them for Jodie but why weren't they pink we always knew what we were having. And 2 party dresses of her sisters baby. and lots of too big shabby boys stuff thats all. My mum baught the pram and the car seat and helped us out with new carpets. I think this disscusion will last for a while as it's such a touchy subject. His mum will have every bit of info on you in 10 seconds im sure she's from another galaxy. Keep replying laydeeeez its nice to hear im not alone.

At first I think my MIL found it hard to let her son go, and was a bit jealous? Mind you, my mum was the same but worse! Otherwise I think she is wonderful and feel lucky to have two mums! She is so cool and understanding about everything. :D

Well Ive got 2 MIL's! OH actual mum is great, she has recently moved back to our village and looked after Noah for me when I was working part-time, she is always very respectfull of my routine and how I like things done, like meal times and bottles, nappie changes (dionne try telling your MIL to just change their nappies at a certain time, other then when they have pooped and only provide her with 2 or 3 nappies each when she has them) And when I tell her what we have been teaching him she also continues this teaching.

As for OH step mum :shock: considering this woman has had 3 kids of her own, she doesnt seem to have a clue how to hold him, or play with him, feed or anything!!! I hate having them look after him at all cause all routine goes put the window and Noah just screams. I think she is going senile anyway cause she keeps calling him Nor instead of Noah like he is some Viking Warrior or something, and she forgets my name entirly! And whenever they buy him stuff and christmas pressents, they buy things completly unsuitable like toy guns and clothes designed for kids over the age of 6!

Melanie your 4d scan is amazing you can see her hair! :shock:

my MIL (well not married OH but same thing) is really nice. I feel sorry for her becuase she doesnt work she just cooks cleans and literally waits on FIL hand on foot! She never has time to herself to do her own thing, like go the pub with friends or anything. So I think its nice for her to have Ella when I work so she can enjoy her and not have to spend all day cleaning. But then she always washes Ella's bibs before sending her home bless her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back