Argh!! Noisy Neighbors!!

poppy160

Reaction score
Has anyone got any advice on dealing with noisy neighbors?? We moved into this flat in October and despite being a new build, we can hear EVERYTHING in the flat above, including their phone ringing as if it was our phone..I know this isn't really the neighbors fault but her music is really bugging us. Yesterday she was playing the Leona Lewis album and we could hear it so clearly. She was playing it at 8:30 am on Friday morning..and she's playing it again now!! I have that album and used to like it, now it's just annoying :x The flats aren't exactly soundproof, which is bloody annoying since they decided to put internal sound systems in each one so you can play music in every room from ceiling speakers..I don't know if I should say something cause we can hear her phone as clear as anything so it might be she's just playing the music at a normal level and it's the builders' fault for not soundproofing...ARGH!! Sorry just needed to rant.. :x

I dont know what to suggest, maybe speak to her if you are brave enough? She might not realise how much noise she makes :?

I would talk to her and mention standards but in place i.e no disturbance between 10pm and 10am. She probably isnt playing it as loud as you think but it will be echoing through the ceiling so it will sound louder to you.

There is laws put in place for wall insulation on new built houses now, afaik they need to have at least 2 insulation layers and a middle wall however I dont know if any were put in place for flooring. I live in a flat in a house and I can hear downstairs perfectly its really loud when they are playing guitar and thats only an acoustic.

dosnt bother me too much cause they are generally quiet its my old neighbours that put their bass right up and played music constantly loud that annoyed me even after being asked countless times to stop it, thats just rudeness :evil:

When we lived in a flat our neighbours did exactly the same thing, so i decided to do it back to them. They were playing jazzy stuff and pop and my cd collection had much more obnoxious stuff in there, so i would stick on some Disturbed or Korn or Nine Inch Nails and drown them out. They stopped doing it in the end, haha. I think they got the hint. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back