Mother in Law

GothMummy

Reaction score
Sorry deleted because of fear of my MIL seeing this but unsure how to delete the thread haha

Last edited:
You have a lot of people telling you what to do.

Your MIL seems to be treating you like a child and this baby like HER baby.

Your OH doesn't want you to go for walks on your own in your parents' neighbourhood.

What do you want to do?

Do you want a less stressful pregnancy? Do you want to be tiptoeing on eggshells and resenting your MIL more and more as she continues to encroach on your life with no-one particularly standing up to her?

I'd advise you to look after you & your baby ahead of anyone else - and that's unfortunate for your OH but it's not like he's not a grown man capable of visiting you. Perhaps he doesn't realise (and your MIL certainly doesn't) how unpleasant the environment is for you.

If you change nothing, things are only going to get worse. Good luck xx

Last edited:
Would it be possible for you OH to apply for jobs where your parents live and move in with them instead? You could always say you need to be close to your own mum while pregnant if you prefer that to telling her that she cant keep her neb out of your business! Transferring things like that sounds preferable to living with someone taking control of a baby thats not hers

Yeah I agree with you completely tinselcat. It is actually quite upsetting just to read it when it is so obvious ahah
Thank you for your reply, I think I am going to discuss leaving again with my OH and with my family, I definitely feel I have lost a lot of my independence living here and when the baby comes I would prefer to be around my own family and not my OH's

I could do Sparklegirl but my OH has just been given loads more hours here so for the time being and the sake of saving money it is probably best he stays here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back