• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

moses basket blankets & grobags

Redshoes

Reaction score
Hello :wave:

I wondered if anyone had any advice or tips for buying blankets for LO's moses basket, and also grobags, are these advisable for newborns, and what should I look at in particular when buying them?

Any help greatly appreciated, and thankyou very much in advance :hug:
Best wishes :)

I would buy a smaller blanket like a pram blanket not a cot one as the pram one wil be smaller :)

Also grobags i think start from 3 months i don't think they do new born ones as there little head can slip down in side the grobag....( i think :think: )

Hope that helps :hug:

Definately get pram blankets to use in the moses basket - the size is perfect...

I have used a grobag with Grace from 5 weeks - and she loves it !!
Before that I always swaddled her - and she loved that too !!

The grobags come in different togs - at the moment I am using a 2.5 tog but with summer coming it will be worth you thinking of getting a lighter one.

I think the minimum weight with Grobags is 10lb though there might be smaller ones. I started using ours from just under 8weeks, however that was because it was starting to cool down at nights when she was that age and she kept kicking of the blankets and then waking from being cold. They are great. Trouble is with this hotspell our 2.5tog is just too warm.

I was of the understanding that grobags were for babies 10lbs plus, I've seen them in 0-6 months upwards so I guess once baby is 10lbs he can go in one...seen a real cute one I want for him. Anyway he'll be in his moses basket (mamas & papas from the Nostalgia range) untill he's well past the 10lbs marker I'd imagine (thinking he'll be born around the 8lbs marker) so will be just fine in the growbag once we make the cot transition. Till then moses baskets with pram blankets for him - I've also knitted him a little blanket which is the same colours as his nursery in the perfect size for the basket.

Thankyou everyone :hug:
I shall now look into pram blankets, never thought of that but yes they will be around the same size, so great idea :) I did wonder if grobags were suitable for newborns, but it seems from your experience it depends on the baby and time of year.

Fiona - you mentioned swaddling, I've not looked into that as yet, do you have any suggestions, advice? Or anyone else? Thankyou :hug:

On my growbag i bought it said from 7 1/2 lbs...

ellouise was in hers soon as she got home! :D

you can buy smaller ones too

ellouise used to have a lil pink one wtih really small holes for the arms... but shes too long now to go in that haha :D

I would recommend getting a couple of grobags. Jake has been in his grobag since he was around a month old but I think you can use the proper grobags from 7lbs. The official grobag site is www.bumpto3.co.uk which will give you info on them. I bid on my grobags on e bay (both brand new) and paid £10 for one and £12 for the other which is half the price of what they are in the proper shop. They are good as it stops your baby kicking the covers off in the night and getting cold and it is also reassuring to know that the covers can't be pulled up over their head. Just make sure you buy the correct tog for your room temperature.

Aaawwww bless her lozzijane :) It's reassuring to here she loved her grobag and they can be used at a very young age, thankyou :hug:
Thankyou very much for the link as well Gemz, I shall be taking a good look at it, it's all a great help, thankyou :hug:

I had a newborn grobag and used it from the first night.

My little girl loved them and had them right up until she went into a bed.

I like the idea of grobags particularly as the baby keeps warm when he/she is up for their nightly feed.

One question I have about them - do you need to have the baby in a long sleeved babygro or vest as well or will a short sleeve vest be ok. My mum keeps saying the baby will get cold with it's arms out. :roll:

Sabrina said:
I like the idea of grobags particularly as the baby keeps warm when he/she is up for their nightly feed.

One question I have about them - do you need to have the baby in a long sleeved babygro or vest as well or will a short sleeve vest be ok. My mum keeps saying the baby will get cold with it's arms out. :roll:

I used a long sleeved vest with keeley in the winter but now i would use a short sleeved one as its gettin warmer and my flat is hot :)

Thankyou again Mummies :hug:
And I never thought of that Sabrina, as they are all vest tops are grobags aren't they, great question, and thanks nic & keeley for the advice :D

I think ill have to look in to these growbags as well as Oran doesn't sleep at night unless he is swaddled as he gets to cold but I always worry as he is a right wriggler and I panic he will wriggle the covers loose and pull them over his head!

at the moment at night (and in the day) he has a short sleved vest with a long sleved baby grow on, then he has his blanket round him (one of them ones with holes in) then kind of from his waist down we tuck a cotton pillow case all under the basket matress so he cant wriggle so much and his temp is just right. So if I got a grow bag would I just put his vest and babygrow on as usual and then in the grow bag and thats it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back