Morning sickness woes

Charlie2911

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I need a whine!

I'm in the horrors with morning sickness. I'm 10 weeks and feeling like CRAP. With DS I wasn't as sick. This time, even though I'm coping better, I'm still getting sick about 6 times a day, feel constantly nauseous and crap in general. I work full time and trying to be quiet when I'm getting sick is a pain! Not to mention looking after a 3 year old! I have no inclination to eat anything but if I don't eat I feel *awful*. I have killer heartburn too which is making the sickness worse. I've even vomited up some blood because of the heartburn.

If I weren't pregnant and I were this sick, I'd be signed off work. But because I'm pregnant I just have to grin and bear it and keep on going as if nothing's wrong. It's so tiring and horrible!! It's sh*t!!

How long does it normally last for? With DS it went away around 15-16 weeks I think. They say every pregnancy is different and this one feels completely different. I had no heartburn last time until the end. This time I'm not as tired but I'm far sicker. I really hope it goes away soon so I can start enjoying being pregnant :(

Sorry for the huge whine :( Being so sick and having to just grin and bear it is really making me hate being pregnant. I hate complaining to my partner about how much it gets me down because he's been so good in looking after me and it's hard for him to see me so sick. But it's really getting me down, it's stopping me from enjoying being pregnant even though we tried for nearly a year to get pregnant in the first place :(

Am I the only one to feel this crap with MS? :(

Sorry to hear your feeling so awful. Your not alone...
I'm not being as sick as much as you and I don't work full time or have other children.
But I can't function at all. Nausea is unbareable being sick 3 times a day. dont really eat enough to keep being sick All day. Can't even do cleaning or cooking without retching. I also have a huge phobia of feeling and being sick. So I'm signed off work. As they think the added stress of panic attacks isn't good for the baby or me.
So tired too..

It is a miserable time for sure. Chin up and if your feeling that ba you should try and rest even if its putting work off. You and your baby are main priority and most important. Your an inspiration for keep working etc. I wish I could make myself. I've just clamed up and hidden really.

I hope you feel better soon!
Xxx

Last edited:
You are deffo not alone. I'm so sick I can't keep water down and am sick about 30 times a day. I've lost over a stone and am now on tablets to stop it. I'm only sick a few times a day now but the tablets make me feel really unwell. With my daughter I was sick all the way through and including labour. Sucks huh but I feel your pain x

I am also suffering from the horrid sickeness!!!

I do feel for you ladies who are looking after other children too, you are amazing, as im in a right mess with no children!!!

Last week was worse than this week i have managed to get back to work 8-2 instead of 9-6 so thats a start. Still throwing up in the morn and then nausea and not eating much as urgin all the time.

Really hope it stops for us all around the 12wk mark. Apparently thats when the placenta kicks in so fx it will make us better.

Michelle. x

I hope you all feel better soons. I too have a phobia of being sick and luckily wasnt physically sick but did feel sick 24/7.

It does get better though ladies and before you know it you'll be in tri 2 and it will be a distant memory!! Keep your chin up I know its horrid :( x

I think you would be perfectly within your rights to take some time off work lady!

I work 1.15 mins drive from home - if I was being sick like that I would struggle to drive safely!

At the mo I just feel really hungover/nauseaus, but early days for me, so not sure whether real sickness will come!!!

Hope you feel better soon, and can enjoy being PG!

xxx

Thanks ladies :)

It's good to know I'm not alone in feeling down about it. I came across this http://news.cornell.edu/stories/2000/05/morning-sickness-protects-mothers-and-their-unborn and it made a lot of sense. It's good to see that it does peak and eventually ease off around the week 15 mark. I'm counting down the days already! :)

Even though it's a good sign to be sick, it's still really wearing and just crap :(

I don't have a phobia of being sick Holly1991, so sorry to hear it's affected you so badly :( I can't imagine what that's like. You're better off staying home and resting up. I do find that keeping busy and occupied definitely helps. I feel better once I'm a bit distracted. I suppose I'm lucky in that it hits me worst at night time and in the evenings when I can be at home. Hopefully it'll ease up soon for us both! x

Thanks ladies :)

It's good to know I'm not alone in feeling down about it. I came across this http://news.cornell.edu/stories/2000/05/morning-sickness-protects-mothers-and-their-unborn and it made a lot of sense. It's good to see that it does peak and eventually ease off around the week 15 mark. I'm counting down the days already! :)

Even though it's a good sign to be sick, it's still really wearing and just crap :(

I don't have a phobia of being sick Holly1991, so sorry to hear it's affected you so badly :( I can't imagine what that's like. You're better off staying home and resting up. I do find that keeping busy and occupied definitely helps. I feel better once I'm a bit distracted. I suppose I'm lucky in that it hits me worst at night time and in the evenings when I can be at home. Hopefully it'll ease up soon for us both! x

Thank you Hun! Mines rubbish all day til about 6 at night haha. I'm just a wimp hehe. But if things get to much it's okay to have time off :) xx

How are the sicklies feeling today? I had a pretty good day yesterday, only 4 times hehe :D I even got a good night's sleep! :) Hoping today is going to be the same!

How are the sicklies feeling today? I had a pretty good day yesterday, only 4 times hehe :D I even got a good night's sleep! :) Hoping today is going to be the same!

Hello!
I had a super good day yesterday! No vomit!! :D I did feel sick through the day and have a banging headache. (Think I was dehydrated)
Today in doing well so far too only feel a little sick. Managed to keep breakfast down so far!
Could be on the up! Fingers crossed!

Glad your feeling a bit better & I hope you continue to aswel :) xxx

Yay! Fingers crossed :) The water is gone in my office all morning so we have no toilets. I really hope it comes back soon in case I need to get sick! Otherwise I'll be getting sick into the bin... lol

Yay! Fingers crossed :) The water is gone in my office all morning so we have no toilets. I really hope it comes back soon in case I need to get sick! Otherwise I'll be getting sick into the bin... lol

Omg haha typical eh! Well got everything crossed for you that you don't need to be sick today! :)

X

So so sick lol. Yesterday all day I didn't feel sick or be sick and I was worried to be honest it's not normal until..... I popped to tesco an threw up all over the floor in front of so many people haha oooopsi x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back