money matters...help?

You can't get housing benifit if you buy, just council tax benifit, but if you rent then you can get both. It dpends on partners earnings what i will get. But I don't know that if apply along I will only get a 1 bed place - where as I want a 2 bed place really. I think I will have to be honest and apply for it with OH. :roll:

Sami said:
Could I get housing benifit if we bought a house and c.tax benifit?

i dont think so, but i could be wrong, hopefuly they will get back to you and explain everything you are entiled too

Sami you dont have to have a 1 bed place, the like you to, but it doesnt mean they wont pay if you get a 2 bed, all that means is, a 1 bed place is cheaper, there for houseing benifit will prob pay all of the rent, if you get a two bed, the rent is more and you might end up paying a little top up a week, but it doesnt work out as much.

Sami said:
You can't get housing benefit if you buy, just council tax benefit, but if you rent then you can get both.

You're right hun you can't. they didn't sy much except that as soon as we find a place we like then claim it and the people will assess the house and see if it is suitable for our needs, then they will see how much we can get. So now I've worked out if we rent and I stay with OH we can claim:

Housing Benifit
Council Tax Benifit
(when baby comes Tax Credits - working and child)
Income Support
Incapacity Benifit (as I am off sick)

I should get Maternity Allowance ( from government not employer), Child Benifit, Sure Start Maternity Grant and free milk too as I am not working due to being off sick and will be through out the whole of my pregnancy.

Layla - from what you said before -
layla said:
I piad the depoist, moved then, then aplioed for houseing and council tax benifit, coz i knew already haveing two kids that i would get it.

Im not sure wether you will have to wait till you have the baby before you can get it.

but then saying that, i know some people who get it and they have no kids, so best thing to do, is phone up, explain your suitation and see what they say.
with me being pregnant and the council can't house me any time in the next millenium then it is essential in their eyes for me to move and they have to give me help - which is damn handy. It doesn't look as bad as it did before - thank you so much for all of your help.

If anyone has any more information for me that might help me please let me know, and also any other benefits I should be able to claim. (Layla you're a star!) :)

F**K SH*T B****X!

(Sorry) :oops: They credit check you when you apply for rent :cry: Which means I won't get it as I have the worst credit history imaginable (although no ccj's.). There is always something in the way! :evil:

they as in easte agents?? coz there is a way round that too, you can just look in papers shop windows etc coz there are some inderpandant land lords who dont go through easte agents hun

We (me and OH) have a plan....as his dad knows the owner of the letting agency we are going to see if we can 'sort something out'. Mark (OH) has a good history so he shouldn't be a problem, but when we applied for a joint bank account it was rejected on the basis of me.

Hopefully we can work this to our advantage!

well good luck hun, its a lot of hassle i know, but so worth it in the end when you have your own place together

xx

Oh defintely that's what I keep thinking babe :)

It may cause argumnts now but in the end it will all be so orth it when end of january/early feb comes and the two of us are sat together in bed with our new little bundle :)

Yeah he could but I just didnt know if they would be able to as me and OH were planning on doing it together... I dont understand these things very well lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back