i need ur help

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
hi guys i have decided i am moving out well with the help of my dad who sed i can now move out lol
ithe things i need to know is: wot band would io be in to get a council place ??
can i get private place and the council pay the housing benifit or wot??
also as with work how far can i change wot i want to work ??

hey thats great news for you sarah! well all i can say is that the likely hood of you getting a council place i slim to none but if you find yourself a private rented and then go to the council they should be able to help you with your rent and council tax. i know this through trying to get a place with the council myslef. what do you mean with your work? :?

if ur in no rush 2 move then council is a gd option cos they r alot cheaper, private can b up 2 3 times as much n isnt always on a permanant basis, if ur on about bein flexible with ur work, then u both need 2 agree on a contract that suits u both....

yes that was wot i ment! bout my job. i am so confused rite now argh

Legally you can request flexi time and your employers must seroiusly considerthe request but if they have a valid reason not to change your hours they don't have to.

You can get a place but you will need to wait on the housing list which can be as long as a year or more if your situation isnt urgent.
You can go private and get help with rent from the council but you will usually need a deposit to secure a place to rent.

Hope that helps

tell the council your situtaion is urgent - that you can no longer live at home - i'm sure they'll have to move you up the queue.. not 100% sure of this thou.. do you know anyone who is on the local council who can put your name forward?

x

Every council operates a points system, and you won't be housed until you have enough points to get to the top of the list.

We (me, DH, DD and LO when he comes) currently have 117 points, and to be rehoused we need 134. We are in a run-down privately rented house and our contract ran out on the 7th June. So basically, we should have moved out 2 months ago. But we have nowhere to go. So the people who own the house and need to sell it are having to evict us. The council can't do anything until we have the eviction order, and they then have 14 days to rehouse us before the bailiffs turn up. That will be into temporary accomodation, which could easily be a homeless hostel, and this could be for anything up to a year. We then get one refusal on the next available property and if we turn that down, we're in deep doggy doo. So it could be anywhere we end up, we've no idea. And at the moment, we are living out of boxes. Oh, and the dog can't come with us when we go to temporary accomodation, so god-only-knows what we're going to do with him!

What I'm trying to get across to you Sarah is that a council house may not be the easiest or best option hun. You may need to get your dad to write to the council saying he is kicking you out as he can't take anymore, or they will not even attempt to do anything.

I have a friend who has a 2 bed council flat, which is for her and her 10 year old son. But her daughter moved back to the area a couple of months ago. So now she has her and her son in one room (and one bed), and her 20 year old daughter, her bf, and their 5 month old baby in another room. And the council have only allocated them 106 points which means they are lower on the list than we are.

Saying all of that though, it may just be the area we live in. You may find that you can get housed much quicker in your area. My advise would be to give the council a call on Monday and tell them you are finding it too difficult to live with your Dad now. It's worth a call, you may be pleasantly surprised.

I hope I haven't scared you with my tale of doom and gloom Sarah! I've just read that back to myself!! :rotfl: :shock:

Youre right, it does depend on the area. My OH went to newastle years ago and went to the housing office whilst visiting. he was offered a place there and then.

In Hull there are that many empty properties they are practcally begging to house people! Not that anyone would want to live in Hull mind!

Hi Sarah
Go to www.entitledto.com or co.uk cant remember.The housing benefit should pay up to £550 per month and give you the council tax discount or will cover it also you can get other benefits. This site is very good and answers all your questions and concerns.
Bex

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back