Moby sling?

Rosie's Mummy

Reaction score
I have decided to get a Moby sling, mostly based on it being very similar to my sister's Close sling but also because of Terrie and Merv's Mum advocating it.

Anyone know of the best place to order one from, in terms of price etc? :eh:

Thanks!

do you mean the Moby Wrap? if so i have one it cost me 35 quid and i havent had the chance to try it yet, i could bring it along to the meet if you want to have a wee look before you buy xx

Also i am on another forum where people are really often getting rid of stuff like

Moby wrap or Maya ring sling??? :) I got my Maya off ebay and I love it!! I'm taking Hebe to Baby Ballet tomorrow and Sid will be in the sling :)

Its a Moby Wrap - I thought you had one MM, perhaps it was Terrie? BigBump that would be fabulous if you could bring it to the meet! :)

I have a Moby wrap too but I'm not really getting along with it tbh :eh: Terrie loves hers though!!

Ahh well Im going to get one and see how I go - I can always sell it and get another I suppose :)

definitely - I think it's me being a divvy....everyone else raves about them!

best place to buy second hand slings is from naturalmamas.co.uk

they have a fantastic buy/sell area where i have got all my bits from :)

EBay have loads at the minute x x

maybe a stupid question but dont it get heavy to carry a baby in a sling? I love the idea but im worried i will do my back in as i already struggle with my back..

I havent used a sling before but I would imagine that the weight is distributed well, especially with the wrap type ones - :)

Hey ladies....hope I dont upset anyone by posting this ...... I was at hosp appointment yest and while waiting for appointment started reading some of the mags there..... In one of the mags there was an article about a type of baby sling that had been recalled as several babies had died whilst in them.....
Now I dont want to upset, offend or alarm anyone...but thought I should tell you all....

However when I have checked the links here this sling is different to the one in the mag...theirs was a sling that allowed the baby to be at the front of the person carrying....still went over the shoulder but a bit like a kangaroo sling type style.....

_47528992_slingridermom-1.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8584931.stm

Sorry if I upset anyone but really important bit of info I thought xxxx

Yeh I heard about that too; I dont really like those type of slings though, I was really impressed with the one my sister had, a Close wrap - really nice.

Yeh I heard about that too; I dont really like those type of slings though, I was really impressed with the one my sister had, a Close wrap - really nice.

Scary isnt it!! I had one for kate years ago and was fab but that story was frightening!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back