• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mobile phones?

kellie80

Reaction score
Jess has been asking for me to get her a mobile for months now and I just keep saying shes too young. She reckons that a lot of the kids in her class and some of her friends have them already. She 7 in July and I can't see what she would need a mobile for? She doesn't go off anywhere on her own. She'd probaly just brake it, loose it or i'll get stolen. Am I the only one who thinks 6 or 7 is too young for a mobile?

i think she is a little young hun, i think kieron was 10/11 when we bought him his first one and he used it when he went to secondary school

i think that seems a bit young, my nxt door neighbours kids all have one n they are all under 10 tho so i guess some ppl think its the right time

i was thinkin about this the other day and think that i will get my eldest one when he is about to start secondary school as he will be further from home in the daytime and i will (well might) let him out with his friends more lol

I had one at seven, and it was good if I was going out of the street (We lived in a small neighbourhood, and I had friends in other streets)

My Mum could call me and ask where I was, if i was going into a friends house I could call her and tell her instead of me having to run back through the streets.

They're good for emergency... But I never had to use mine in emergency!
Just useful to have, a sort of little gadget that's her own thing I suppose.

Do what you think is best! :D

shes too young.
What will she use it for? :think:
whats wrong with a skipping rope? :shock:

budge said:
shes too young.

Thats exactly how I feel but with there being loads of other kids her age who have them I thought it might just of been me being mean.

i have just bought a new phone and have given my old one to elliott who is 7, 8 in october. he doesnt take it out with him as we dont allow him anywhere on his own unless with us, family or his friends parents etc.... but i allow him to have it at home as his dad (my ex) rings him most nights and i cant stand the prat so it saves me the trouble of having to deal with him unless i have to. :lol:

but i also think that 7 is a little young to have full acess to a mobile. you never know if they ring the wrong number or who they maybe talking to. elliott only has his dads number stored in and he doesnt have credit on it anyhows, like i said its only there for his prat of a dad to ring.

kellie80 said:
budge said:
shes too young.

Thats exactly how I feel but with there being loads of other kids her age who have them I thought it might just of been me being mean.

why follow the crowd?
teach your child the word NO!

My son is 7 and I have given him my old handset but he can only use it to play the games. He keeps asking me to activate it but no way. I don't want him to get attacked just for a phone. He can have one when he starts high school at 11, not before. Whatever happened to giving your child a phone card to call home?

God, my mum wouldn't let me have one until I was 16! No, 6 or 7 is WAY too young for a mobile in my opinion. I'd say 12 or 13 is the right age as you start going out with friends or whatever. At 6 or 7 you are right, it will get broken or something. Also the safety issue of her having one means anybody could get through to her and she could get through to anyone, not a good idea at all!

My niece is 8 and she got a mobile for her 8th birthday and i think it was a waste of time she either always forgets it or its never got any battery :roll:

She is too young for a mobile i told my brother not to get her one as she only wanted it cos her mate had one...

Kids grow up too fast these days :roll:

i had one wen i was 13
Braydon can have one wen he starts secondry skool and not before

Yeah I think 12 or 13 sounds like a good age, although I will still be scared of it getting took off her. I was trying to explain to her when she was asking that she didn't have anyone to ring anyway and if she did it would cost loads of money. She just said "no it won't, it'll just come straight out of you bank" :think: :? . Don't know where she thinks the money in the bank comes from, lol.

My son had his when he started secondary school as he had to travel both on foot and on the bus, but he's only started using it to talk to friends really in the last 6 months or so. The average conversation goes like this.

"goin' skate park?"
"yeah"
"what time?"
"six"
"ok"

end of conversation.....guess boys never kick in to gossiping :D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: i have a 14 yr old stepson who lives with us & he sounds like that too!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back