Cot mobile

Nic36

Reaction score
Just wondered whether anyone uses a cot mobile? I bought one back when I was pregnant as I wanted everything coordinated and looking pretty in LO's room. But I think I have wasted my money as I don't know when I'll be able to use it. My LO is so easily over stimulated that the last thing I want is a moving, musical thing for her to look at when trying to get her to sleep! She will only sleep in a dark room, or else in the car on a journey - occasionally when in her pram on a long walk.
I try to keep the cot as a place she will associate with sleep (haha! In my dreams! Still, that's what I'm trying to do!!). So don't want her having activity / play time in her cot... So how will I get use of the blooming expensive cot mobile?!?
Anyone else find they haven't used the cot mobile / or any other bits and bobs they thought would be vital equipment and hastily bought before our LOs arrived? X

I use mine daily, lo loves it. I tend to use it if I need to put her somewhere safe for a few mins x

I have the fisherprice rainforest one and it's fantastic! I just use the night light and music for when she is sleeping rather than the moving animals as that bit can make her excited. Now I have the problem of her refusing to sleep anywhere other than her cot! X

Oh, maybe I bought the wrong one! Mine can't just do a nightlight and music - that sounds good. With mine you have to go for the full effect - music and movement which is way too distracting when trying to get LO to sleep!!

I have the mamas and papas magic one, its great when he wakes up early as he can play with it happily for half an hour which gives me time to get ready!!
xxx

K has one, but she gets too excited by it so I only put it up when she is playing.

Mine is on the cot but she only has it on in the daytime with the curtains open and the music loud. I also think it's waaay too stimulating for night time, but luckily she sleeps on her side in a dark room so I don't think she's actually realised it's above her yet!!

I have the fisherprice rainforest one and it's fantastic! I just use the night light and music for when she is sleeping rather than the moving animals as that bit can make her excited. Now I have the problem of her refusing to sleep anywhere other than her cot! X

I have this and love it xxx

I hardly use mine either, I use the projector daily though- actually forgot about using the mobile I just see it as decoration!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back