• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Moan about MIL

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
I hope people don't mind but I really want to moan about my MIL. We had her on the phone yesterday desperate for me to give permission for her to tell hubby's Aunt. I kept saying, No, not until we have had the scan. She just wouldn't accept that (we have already said this when we first told her). Kept going on about how difficult it was for her etc etc. Crying out load, it is just a couple of b%$$*y weeks with a bit of luck. Just respect my opinion. I didn't say that of course. I explained that since my sister had a missed miscarriage I am even more worried about telling people too soon.... saying that for more distance relatives likes aunts, uncles and cousins I insisted on waiting last time as well. When we came of the phone she sounded so upset I have obviously put her in a bad mood. Which normally results in her refusing to come and visit or leaving us early when they do visit. We are expecting them to visit the weekend after next, I hope they still do for Ellie's sake.

Sorry just needed to get it out my system.

I'm not surprised you're annoyed at her. This is YOUR baby, not hers and she should respect your wishes as to when you tell people. She should just get over herself!!!

I can quite understand your reluctance to let people know until you've had your scan. Me, I'm rubbish....I wasn't going to say anything but I swear more people know this time than the last!! :oops:

Stand your ground hun and don't let her bully you into anything you don't want to do. It's just emotional blackmail, she's a big girl now and should do whatever you ask.

:hug:

I do sympathise and totally agree that it's your decision, but thought I might suggest a compromise I used with my mum and sis, who were the only people we told before the scan. They were both so excited (first new baby in my side of the family) and desperately wanted people to talk to themselves, which I can understand. I said that they could both tell people that I wasn't close to and wasn't going to see on the strict condition that these people were told that they weren't supposed to know. I figured that way there'd be no cards or anythign and if anythign went wrong they woudln't commiserate as they weren't supposed to know in the first place. If you can trust your MIL/aunt to stick wtih that, then it might be a happy medium? Just thought I'd share my experience in case it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back