Mixed feelings!!!

futuremum

Reaction score
Hi girls!!!

I cannot believe my feelings!!! Being so close, i cannot wait to see my baby but at the same time I am so scared!!!

I never had any confidence in myself, it took me a year and a half to pass my driving test and am still afraid of driving, not that I am a bad driver but am not confident I could manage if anything unexpected would arrive so I only drive to work and supermarket and start panicking if i have to drive elsewhere. As a student I was so afraid of not being chosen to pick up apples and was scared when i started teaching not to be able to cope.

And now it is the baby. People start looking down at me when i say I am afraid of not being able to hold him properly etc... and I feel like they are going to judge me but i am genuine when I say I am scared!!!

I am sure after a week or two I will be fine, this is just my nature not to believe in myself and imagining the worse!!!!
It is weird to be such a wimp!!!! :wink:

So I am sure there will be loads of questions in the first year with baby section from me lol

Hiya, I totally understand how you feel. I am excited but terrified at the same time. The most frightening part for me is labour-the thought of it makes me cry.

The emotions that you are feeling are normal, because apparently when you hold the baby for the first time a natural instinct comes over you, so you will be able to hold him etc, I have a fear of dropping mine!!

Seriously though, your nearly ready to have buba, and it must be such an emotional time and nerve wracking. You will be a fab mummy.

Just let me know how the labour goes-aargh!

Take care xxxxx

Hey futuremum

You will be absolutely fine and a brilliant Mum! I know that it is only natural for us to feel that people look at us strangely when we say some things - like my nurse looked oddly at me when I told her the other day that I would be ready for the baby to come in 8 weeks' time but in three weeks I didn't want one, it was too much to get my head around!

Then I made a huge fool of myself in Mothercare the other day. OH and I had gone in to get a few bits and pieces like a little snowsuit to bring baby home in the cold...and what happened? I looked at the tiny garments we were buying and burst into tears saying..."oh my God our actual baby will be here in a few weeks, wearing this!" The shop assistant was very understanding LOL because she said women are overcome a lot at the checkout, but she thought it was usually the prices! :oops: :lol:

You will be fine. Holding baby and feeding and changing and bathing are usually covered in the hospital and at ante natal classes if you are a first timer. I am, but I had younger brothers and sisters and did a lot of babysitting. It never really leaves you...but just to keep in practice I changed my neighbour's son the other day - hadn't forgotten anything!

*HUG*

Hang in there!
Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27