Mixed feelings after 36 week growth scan & consultant today

Lulula

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Had my 36 week growth scan today and consultant appointment. Baby has turned head down which is great news. Got a couple of pics and could see she has some fuzz on her head which sonographer said was her hair!
Then was told she is currently weighing 8lb 2oz, and her head is already measuring 41 weeks 3 days. :shock: Omfg! I could cry. What will she be in 3+ weeks and what if I go 2 weeks over?

Saw the consultant and baby isn't engaged, I have protein, blood, white cells in wee so possible uti which would explain how crap I feel at the moment. Got to have bloods done tomorrow for various things. Consultant said they would be unlikely to induce unless I was well over and want to see me at 39 weeks.

Drove home and OH still at work and I just want to have a good cry as beginning to panic about the birth now. I've been very cool about it all but now I'm totally shitting myself!

Ok well a few things 1. They can be out by a fair bit sometimes with measurements of weight. 2. Baby could have just had a growth spurt and may slow down it has happened. 3 even if baby is that weight now and puts on 0.5 lbs a week they unlikely to put on more than that and that's max a week it would put baby at 40weeks 9lb7 which yes is bog but not impossible. Pain relief is available to you and you can do it chances are baby will slow down a bit and if they do think its still too big they will induce you hun they would not try n force a massive baby through intentionally but natrually I understand your worry and fear. It will be ok though hun xxx you can do this xxx

Try not to panic, growth scans are notoriously inaccurate. I'm sure they won't let you go over if they think baby is getting too big. I had a growth scan last week at 32 weeks and my baby's head is measuring big too - 36+ weeks. My intial reaction was like yours - omfg! But like k8 said it could well just be a growth spurt and will level off xxx

Just want to echo what the girls said. I had a growth scan at 35 weeks and was told baby was 6lbs and they estimated he would be 9lb at birth and head was on the 99th centile!!!

I was only 7stone myself and a size six so I was bricking it!!!

He came out absolutely tiny!!! 6lb 3.5ozs and head was perfect!

Spencer David Wilcockson 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

Yay for baby turning, good baby. Did u feel them move? Try not to panic about babys weight hun, it could of just had a growth spurt or as already said scan could be miles out. Hope ur feeling better & relax xx

They're probably wrong hun, don't panic. At least baby looks healthy and better to big than too small I guess. Easy for me to say I know! Try not to stress, it'll all be ok xxxx

Thanks everyone xxx my bf came back from work and I burst into tears and he was about as much use as a chocolate teapot! He got really shitty and said he's fed up with all the problems I have had and he's going to have the snip. I'm tempted to do it for him. Idiot! Xxx

Thanks everyone xxx my bf came back from work and I burst into tears and he was about as much use as a chocolate teapot! He got really shitty and said he's fed up with all the problems I have had and he's going to have the snip. I'm tempted to do it for him. Idiot! Xxx

Oh huni what a stupid and pointless thing for him to say. Grrr men just cannot understand tho I'm sure in his mind there was nothing wrong with that response. Idiot. Big hugs xxxx

Charming, just what you need! I'd be snipping him too....and not just the tubes! :lol:

As my midwife told me yesterday hun, your body in general will only grow you a baby you can birth, so try not to panic. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back