Mixed feeding

Emma58

Reaction score
Currently I am feedng Sam breastmilk and formula (Aptimal).
This morning when i woke up it felt like my boobs were going to explode.

How long does it take for your body to stop producing breast milk.

Am I doing the right thing gradually cutting breastfeeds out or should I stop altogether?

im mix feeding.. half and half at the moment.. theres nothing wrong with you doing this.. or even just expressing enough for one bottle a day is brilliant.. if you can manage to feed him a few times a day but mostly feed formula then he is still getting the anti bodies from you but the convienience of formula..

if you want to stop all together then its best if you drop a feed at a time over a few days or you might get mastitus.

if you can manage to give him just 1oz of breastmilk a day thats brilliant because he still has more anti bodies from you than he would from no breastmilk.

i am mix feeding - not out of choice mind you. i wish i could exclusively breast feed her, but i am not producing enough milk at the moment, she wasn't swallowing and lost a lot of weight.

i express what milk i do have after a feed for top ups. but obv you won't want to do this as it will increase your supply :think:

At the moment every other feed i am giving him is expressed milk and he's taking about 4 fl ozs.

Will my milk supply just gradually slow down?

mine slowed down i went from exb/f to just night time then none when i got ill - still went huge tho and was painful when i stopped

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back