Help don't know how to cut breastfeeds so she eats solids???

angelfairy

Reaction score
Hi girls, I do hope you will be able to offer some advice to me as I'm a little stuck as to what I should be doing.

I'm still breastfeeding my little girl and hope to carry on doing so till she's 1, however am a little unsure as to how many times I should be feeding her breastmilk as she is now also on solids.

Her feeding routine at the moment is as follow:-
7am breastfeed

8am breakfast cereal with 1/2 banana made with 60ml expressed milk

10.30am breastfeed

11.30am lunch usually mixed veg pureed or fruit

2.30pm breastfeed

3.30pm tea consisting of protein and veg

5.30pm bottle of expressed milk 100ml

7pm breastfeed before bed.

I feel like I ought to be cutting out some of the breastfeeds here, but am not sure which ones????? Also am not giving her any water yet, is this something I should be doing?

My girl is allergic to dairy so want to make sure she is getting enough milk hence all the feeds, but I know that she ought to be eating more solids espec now she is 7 months old.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million

Angelfairy xxx

I would definitely give your LO water with all her solid meals. The HV told us to do that. Ellie was on a very similar routine at that age. She dropped her mid-morning milk at around 8month IIRC.

Sounds like you are doing a great drop.

Thanks Nicky :hug: , am getting really frustrated as she won't eat her food like she used to so I guess she must be ready to drop the mid morning breast feed.

Will let you know how I get on

Xxx

I was / still am to a certain extent having the same problem. Ellie just started refusing the mid morning milk when I offered it to her. Ellie also has gone some days where she has flat refused her 2pm milk as well, other days she is taking upto 7oz of EBM then!

The only other diiference to your routine that I have is that I give Ellie supper at around 6:15pm, which is 2 courses as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back