• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

miscarriage, why wasn't i given any tests?

sueannc

Reaction score
Hi, I went for a scan on june 5th, this was my 12 week scan. At the scan i was told my baby had died at 9 weeks :( Before all this I found out i was pregnant with a hpt, then i visited my doctor, he felt my stomach and said yes you are pregnant i will get an app with midwife, I went to see mwife and she just talked to me and said she would send an app for scan. I had no tests, nothing! Is this right? should i have been given some kind of tests by either midwife or doctor before 12 weeks?
Im frustrated, never been pregnant before and dont know if i should have had my blood tested?
Thanks to any one that can answer me x
xx

Im sorry hunny :hug: :hug:

But far as i know i dont think any test are needed until after 12 weeks

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks, what about hcg levels and things, im not sure what these are have been reading too much about it i think :?
xx

Hi hun I am sorry about your mc.

Regarding the tests when I went to my Dr to tell her I was pg she just said congrats and told me my due date she didn't do any tests. Aparently the hpt kits are so acurate the drs dont test any more. I also saw the mw at 8 weeks and she didn't test for anything although I did forget my urine sample but that was just to check for protein in my wee not to do another pg test.

so sorry to hear your sad news :(

HPT are so accurate that no other tests are done before the 12 week scan.

sueannc said:
Thanks, what about hcg levels and things, im not sure what these are have been reading too much about it i think :?
xx

This would only be done if you were not sure if you were PG as others have said the Preg test are very acurate & doctors rely on these.

:hug: :hug:

Hi

So sorry for your lose hun :hug:
It must be different here, when i found out at the clinic i was sent for a blood test then i had my first doctors appointment just before i was 2 months pregnant and he sent me for the rest of my blood work
Katrina

Sorry to hear abour ur loss, for me my doc didnt do test either hope ur feeling ok.

:hug: :hug:

So sorry hun but there is nothing the doc or anyone does or any other tests before 12 weeks as home tests are so reliable.

If and im thinking well ahead you get preg again then you will proberly have an early scan before 12 weeks bout 8 weeks to check all is ok then the 12 week scan.

There are no words that can really comfort you but i hope you are ok hun :hug: :hug:

When I was pregnant the nurse at the doctor's surgery did another pg test, but no there weren't any other tests. But next time around, for what it's worth, you should get an earlier scan.

Sorry for your loss :hug:

Im so sorry to hear about your loss, my heart goes out to you.

I think they dont do tests now for MC unless you have had a few, unless im misinformed - they didnt with me and i had 2.

What they did do though is get into the early pregnancy unit at the hospital to keep an eye on my next pregnancy and check for abnormalities.

Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks everyone, Is a hard time, but i'm ok, thank you all very much! Gonna start trying for another baby ASAP so wish me luck! :eek: And good luck to everyone else!!!!
Thanks again xx
Take care all xxx

And from me on here the best of luck to you, hope to see you inh the TTC section soon with all the other ladies who can offer you great support and advice when you need them :hug:

unless u have had a mc before which u havnt then i dont think they do any tests before.

sorry to hear that. :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

goodluck with tcc :hug:

Sorry for your loss :hug:
Just the same as the others have said really they dont usually do any tests until after the 12 week mark or run tests to see why u have had a m/c unless you have had 3 or sometimes they will test if u have a loss after the 1st tri.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Exactly the same has happened to me. I was 9 weeks with twins, had blood test, urine sample etc with the midwife at 10 weeks, all fine. It wasn't until I asked for an emergency scan just after 12 weeks that I found out that the twins had stopped growing. They scan was very impersonal and clinical. I asked for another so I could be shown by babies and talked thru the scan for some closure. I felt very confused and shut out of what was happening to me as it was my first pregnancy too. Here for a chat if you need to talk. x :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back