Any room?

NatEvz

Reaction score
Well ladies i never thought when i fell pregnant this time it would end up with me being here. Can I come in?
A little bit about my situation, according to my dates i should have been 12 weeks pregnant yesterday. However i started losing some blood on tuesday and it got heavier as the day went on and got worse on wednesday so i headed to A&E. They booked me in for a scan in the EPAU yesterday. I went in and they started to scan me. I instantly knew something was wrong. She told me she couldnt see a 12 week baby but she wanted to do a vaginal scan. She proceeded to do the scan and said she could see an empty sac of about 6 weeks in size. She said it was impossible to tell whether a baby had ever developed or whether it had died really early on. I just felt numb. But in my heart i knew with the beeding somethingwas wrong. I just feel so so empty and a bit sad. But it makes me feel a bit better knowing that my baby hadnt died at 12 weeks. Does that make me sound harsh?xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Just wanna offer huge :hugs:
I know all the girls here will offer you lots of kind words & huge amounts of support
We are all here for you
xxxxx

I lost my last baby when i was what i thought was 12 weeks and I was so grateful when I was told virtually the same thing as you. As horrible as it was, it helped me to know that i wasnt that far on in the pregnancy. i struggled to cope with the fact i thought i was nearly a third of the way through the pregnancy and had lost it.. So no it does not sound harsh what so ever hunni.. xxx

Hey hun, so sorry to see u in this section :hugs: I had the exact same thing happen, had a scan at 11 weeks in June due to some bleeding I had on and off throughout the whole of tri1. The scan only shown a 5-6 week sac, with no baby inside but a possible yolk sac. Unfortunately they had to rescan me a week later just to be sure (even though I knew it was over), and at 12+4 weeks I mc'ed naturally at home. This wasn't the end for me, as I bled for 11 weeks after before having a erpc at the end of Aug, and bled for a further 2 weeks.

It has gotten easier to cope with, and I found comfort knowing my bean stopped growing very early on. I'm sure I would have struggled alot more had I seen a dead baby inside. So no I don't think u are harsh, it's a way of protecting urself. I still get down days about it now, even though I am pregnant again.

If u ever need to chat I'm here, as will all the ladies still supporting each other within this section. Massive hugs hunny :hugs: xxx

Hi Nat, sorry to hear ur news, there are no words.....theame thing happened to me at 11 weeks, its heartbreaking and so disappointing but it absolutely will get better after a few weeks and especially when AF cones back and u know your body is healing Xx

Honey Im so sorry! Its just such a horrible thing to go through! Take care of yourself. Ive found a lot of support from the wonderful ladies on here!

Thank you lafies, youve made me feel so welcome already and i feel so much more at ease knowing im not alone xxx

I am so sorry for your loss hun. I have just suffered a mmc myself and its a horrible thing to go through. If you need to talk any time I'm here.

so sorry for your loss hun, i MC at 14 weeks and the baby stopped growing at 10 weeks so on my scan i saw my baby and i wish i hadnt as i will never forget it, ur not harsh for being glad it was early hun i wondered myself if that would have made me feel better, you find you ''wonder'' about alot of things when you suffer a miscarriage. :hugs: i hope you can heal from this soon, we are all here for you x

Hey hun, so sorry to see u in this section :hugs: I had the exact same thing happen, had a scan at 11 weeks in June due to some bleeding I had on and off throughout the whole of tri1. The scan only shown a 5-6 week sac, with no baby inside but a possible yolk sac. Unfortunately they had to rescan me a week later just to be sure (even though I knew it was over), and at 12+4 weeks I mc'ed naturally at home. This wasn't the end for me, as I bled for 11 weeks after before having a erpc at the end of Aug, and bled for a further 2 weeks.

It has gotten easier to cope with, and I found comfort knowing my bean stopped growing very early on. I'm sure I would have struggled alot more had I seen a dead baby inside. So no I don't think u are harsh, it's a way of protecting urself. I still get down days about it now, even though I am pregnant again.

If u ever need to chat I'm here, as will all the ladies still supporting each other within this section. Massive hugs hunny :hugs: xxx

They are going to rescan me too hun. Next thursday at 8.30am!But i know theres no baby. Since she did the scan vaginally i started bleeding more and passing clots. Thank you for all of your support xxx

It's all pointless torture having to wait so long! Even after a 2nd scan they apparently saw progress bu not enough for it to be a viable pregnancy and scheduled a 3rd scan, I mc'ed by myself at home in between :(

I hope it maybe the start of things for u and it happens quickly :hugs: xx

Hugs kanga!Im so pleased you are pregnant again though!It gives so much hope!I totally agree though. By my dates i should be 12 weeks, theres absoloutly no way this is going to turn out to be a viable pregnancy, i already know that xxx

Thank you ladies!Im really bleeding heavily today but no pain which is a bonus!I literally sat on the toilet for half an hour as it was a waste of time standing up. My epau never really told me what to expect so i was amazed at the amount of blood loss. I dont really know if theres any point to this thread, i just feel like im walking round in a haze xxx

From one Nat to another can I just say how terribly sorry I am to read your sad news.

As everyone is different the EPU rarely go into specifics about how muc you will bleed etc..

If it gets worse maybe call NHS direct or even visit A&E. Sadly I have had very heavy bleeding with all 3 of my losses (at some point) on the upside the heavy bleeding doesn't last too long...

Keep well - make sure you eat and drink lots of water. Also you must rest!

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Thank you huni, im so thankful to have found so much support through you ladies.

You were right the heavy bleeding; only lasted about an hour. It wasnt so much that i wanted them to tell me about blood loss, but really something along the lines of you could miscarry at home would hace been fair warning. I was just told take paracetamol and well do your follow up scan next week. Ahhh well!Im hoping my body has managed to do a good job of clearing itself out, We will see what thursday brings. Should have been my 12 week scan friday and i have my long awaited cancer appt on monday. Wow what a bad end to an ok year xxx

Oh I'm so sorry hun , I totally understand , I MMC at 11 weeks and baby had stopped at 9, scans like that are never nice , I hope it all goes smoothly for you XX

Thank you ladies, Im sat in epau atm waiting for my bloods to be taken and for a dr to come do my pre op. The sac still hadnt come away so ive opted for an erpc and im on the emergency list for saturday. So hopefully after saturday ill be able to start moving forward xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back