Miscarriage question

DJ Mom

Reaction score
My sister-in-law is 6 weeks pregnant and last night she passed some blood and jelly like stuff, does anyone know how soon a pregnancy test shows up negative if you have had a miscarriage, really sorry if TMI.

Clare

Sorry to hear that, hopefully everything will bel ok with your sil. From personal experience I mc at between 6 and 7 weeks and it took about 10 days to a fortnight for tests to be negative.

yeah it would take a while for the hormone to leave the body.

i did have a chemical pregnancy and i did a test on the day i started bleeding and it was a negative. but i was only about 4 weeks pregnant at the time.

i would have thought at about 6 weeks it would show up for a little while later.

Thanks folks she is resting in bed, so hopefully just some spotting and nothing to worry about :pray:

If she's 6 weeks she should be able to ask for a scan if she's worried. Hope everything is ok for her :hug:
+++

im not really sure, but i hope everythings ok for her :hug:

AFter my first MC i showed negatice 5 days after (when the bleeding stopped) with the second i never showed positive cos i was spotting and didnt bother testing....was only when i passed everything that i knew what had happened

Hope your all doing ok :hug: :hug: :hug:

im still showing positive, and i miscarried 4 weeks ago tomorrow :cry:

i had a period like bleed when i was 10 weeks we went to early pregnancy unit.. they scanned me and baby was fine.
they told me to rest for a couple of days... i laid on furniture all weekend. the rest is essential.

its so worrying... hope everthing will be fine for her x

Well i had a really faint test and i mean realy faint test i had to get my dh to look to be sure on tuesday and that was 2 weeks after d and c

When I had threatened m/c I asked nurse and she said can still show + after three weeks.

Im fortunate to not know from experience but i asked a doctor this and he said anywhere up to 3 months i was quite shocked at how long it could be.

praying everything will be ok for her x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back