mini-pill?

lisa282

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of the mini-pill? I only took it for a couple of weeks after my first baby, as I was already giving up breastfeeding so went back on the normal pill after this. I have been prescribed it again this time because I am exclusively breastfeeding and intend to feed her for a while yet. My doc told me it would probably stop my periods altogether as it mimics the effects of pregnancy really closely with all the progesterone.

Anyway, Ive only been taking it for a week and already I am bleeding and its pretty heavy too :evil: Now I probably wouldnt have bothered about it too much, but I was bleeding for 4 weeks after the birth then had about 10 days off and had a period which lasted about a week...nothing unusual there. So then a few days later went to the docs for my postnatal check, was 7 weeks post birth at this point, and started the mini-pill straight away. Now one week later I am bleeding again I am NOT happy!! I know I havent had one for 9 months but that does not mean I want to bleed for the next 9 months to make up for it!!! :shakehead:

So has anyone else been on this? How did you find it? Im hoping it is just my body settling down, so am willing to give it a few weeks to see what happens, but if I keep bleeding like this it will go out the window!! HELP?! :pray:

Lisa n the wicked monthly witch!! x

Last edited:
I am on Femulin and have been since I was 16yr until I TTC Arianna and then until now when we are TTC again ( :dance: ). My periods have never gone or been heacy on it, always 28-29days like clockwork.

There have been alot of posts recently about minipills giving people funny and heavy periods and they have all been on one that begins with "C" - sorry the name has completely gone from me :doh: I'm sure someone will reply with the right name!

Maybe need to call the doctor and discuss things again

Cerazette was what I was on. Took the combined pill before I was pregnant. I wasn't/am not breastfeeding but that pill was a (scuse the pun) bleeding nightmare. I started taking it when I had a period 8 weeks post birth, then nothing for 6 weeks, then bled constantly for the best part of a month. I stopped it not long after and it's taken until now for things to settle back down. My GP said it was likely to continue like that because it's usually all or nothing on that particular pill.

I took Cerazette last time but this time they have given me Noriday. I dont know anyone who has taken this one!! :think:

I was on Noriday for about 7 weeks and during that time I had nothing but breakthrough bleeding and an AF every 2 weeks, I hated being on it due to the constant bleeding. I was told it stopped AF too which would have been OK

I ended up stopping it after 7 weeks because it also turned me into a bit of a psycho :evil: !

The only problem I had after stopping it was it delayed my AF, I normally have a 31 day cycle and i had a 43 day cycle :talkhand:

grr, iv had problems with bleeding on synthetic hormones since i had a baby too- very annoying! i went on cerazette first while i was BFing, but it made me sick so they put me on noriday. that was fine. after i stopped BFing i went back onto cilest (combi pill) and at first i was having no withdrawal bleeds :? then because of this i was late starting a pack so took the MAP to cover me- after that i had the opposite problem i was bleeding when i was ON the pills :wall: i had a perfect withdrawal bleed on 15th oct which only lasted 3 days but for the last 4 days iv had a slight blood mixed in with the normal snail trail :twisted: i havent taken the MAP recently so idk why that is. grr why cant men take an effing pill lol

I was on cerazette before BFP and loved it! Worked well for me! Everyone is different though arent they?! My friend also takes it and bled alot at first (where as i didnt bleed at all) but now she doesnt have AF either!

im on micronor and have bleeds every week so im not happy either!!!! AFsucks!!!!!!!!!!!

I was put on cerazette at my post natal check 3 months on it and have only just stopped bleeding absolute nightmare. Going to go back to the docs and ask to be on microginon had no probleS with that. Mini pill did not and does not suit me but everyone is different. X x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back