Mince?

Vicki83

Reaction score
Looking for some recipes for mince as I'm sick fed up cooking the same old stuff all the time!

Is it beef/steak mince??

I do lasagne, chilli, mince pies, homemade burgers (I put a cube of cheese in the middle of them so when they cook it melts - lush :) ), meatballs, meatloaf, cottage pie

I don't know if you've tried them but homemade burgers are lovely and freeze well, if there's an offer on fresh mince I'll usually get a load and make spicy beef, ordinary beef, chilli and corriander beef, lamb with mint and rosemary, pork with sage and garlic. Whatever you fancy bunging in.

Basic recipe is 500 g mince, few handfulls of fresh breadcrumbs, one egg, use soy sauce instead of salt (supposed to help prevent the burger breaking up) & freshly ground pepper. More often than not I'll add some worcestershire sauce, I think it flavours the burger nicely. Add whatever herbs or spices you fancy, mix it well (remember you can always add more but not take away) sometimes may need a few more breadcrumbs.

Then cook a little piece of the mixture, less than a mouthfull. Use this to judge if it tastes good or needs a little more something. If it's fine then make into burger shapes, always cook them from chilled and if you freeze them remember to freeze them with something separating them otherwise you end up with a huge chunk of meat you can't separate (been there, done that :lol: )

cant go wrong with a tasty lasagne, or meatballs.........oooh or mince&tatties with doughballs YUM!! :D

Ooh I do like making homemade burgers - you idea with the cheese inside sounds lovely think I'll give that a go tonight Sarah!

Thanks girls! :D

Id love to make homeade burgers no bugger would ea them though!

They sound lush though Sarah!

Meatballs are my fav! Were having them tomorrow night, Thomas loves them!

All the ones that have been mentioned plus i love a bit of mexican food...Beef enchiladas, tacos etc you can make with mince and a bit of spices.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back