Milk ??

Nicola

Reaction score
Ok when does milk start coming in? I know I'm going to get varied answers on this so I'll explain....

Yesterday morning and today I've woke up with tiny little dots of something dried on the front of my nightshirt. Yesterday I thought little of it in honesty and figured it was something to do with my biscuit crumbs in bed :oops: or that I'd spilt water from my bottle in the night or I'd scratched something and made it bleed or what ever. This morning there are fewer patches but still enough to make me wonder if it's milk already?

I sleep on my side (alternate sides through the night trying to get comfortable) so I guess can be "squashing" my boobs or something and the odd drip is escaping?

I really don't know so thought I'd throw the question out there. Seems a little early to me, I'm 22 weeks today and nothing happens if I were just to squeeze the nipples....any ideas?

Hi nicoloa, it may your your early milk coming through,
i have been getting leaky patches now for about 1 week,
also when hubby stimulates it gets them going more...

It will settle down again soon i have heard it can get like this around our mark in pregnancy..

Then i know it comes through again from around 35 weeks...

Thanks, been reading a little online, found this:

Many women leak colostrum (the first milk) at some time during pregnancy. It can be just a drop or enough that you need breast pads to keep from soaking your clothes. For some women, this starts quite early and for others it doesn't start until just before labor. Some women never experience leaking breasts and this has absolutely no effect on later ability to nurse. If one breast leaks more than the other, that breast may produce a bit more milk, but generally both breasts will produce enough. (Assuming you haven't had surgery and the breasts are not radically different sizes.)

So perhaps it is just a fraction of a drip coming through at night (no marks in bras/tops etc)...will keep an eye on it thanks for replying!

some evenings my nipples feel damp and i can smell a warm sweet milky smell on myself when im taking my bra off, but it doesnt happen all the time. my sis said she could squeeze milk out of hers but to be honest mine are so sore i cannot even think about doing that at the mo *cringes*

I would recomend getting pads tho as when it starts it starts with no warning!!! My first was at work, with a white top on - soooo embarassing!! :shock: :oops: :shock: :oops:

Hi Nicola,

I've been leaking quite a lot just about every night from about 20 weeks - I've read up on it too and it seems to be nothing to worry about. I'm just pleased that they obviously work!

What is much more annoying, is the amount of washing I'm having to do!

Valentine xxx

Phew!! I'm normal then!! :)
Thanks ladies...it's only a fraction of a drip in 2-3 spots on my nightshirt but in the right areas - I have breastpads upstairs so will be keeping an eye on it and will pop a travel pack (contains 2) in my handbag from now on I think!! At least I know things work!

Umm I've just done the dinner dishes. Washing up at the sink I felt a little 'wet' so finished off the dishes and checked my top....yip, I'm most certinally leaking milk!! Wonderful :roll:

time for breast pads?

now you've told me that i think im gonna carry a couple of them round in my bag from now on just in case

Hi

Its normal for alot of women to preduce milk early, i have alot of milk still from BF Kiara they are very heavy feeling again.
And i agree i would get some breast pads just in case you have an emberassing moment
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back