milk regurgetation

Riley's Mommy

Reaction score
riley sometimes brings up milk after a feed.

i fed him about 30mins ago, winded him and put him down. i went to the crib, and hes brought up what looks like loads :( :?

why is it? could it be his colic pushing it out ?

am a little worried

is he being a bit greedy - sometimes they are?
if you're BF it could be hes taking more milk than he need and posseting the rest.

if you're botle feeding try reducing the fluid oz.

so long as he is gaining weight i wouldn't worry chick - is he still asleep when you check him

he is BF. he has been fairly greedy today. so that could be it.

i havent had him weighed in a week, so not sure. h/v didnt give me another appointment

he wasnt asleep no, he was making little whinges so i went to check him.

well if he is breastfed then i would say he is being greedy at the boob.
he is 3 weeks old and most likely just had a growth spurt and made your breasts produce more milk than he needs! the greedy little pig will be ok.

thanks hun. feel abit better now. it just looked like such alot.

i think the meds may be working too, so maby he feels better (thush) and thats made him greedier.

all mine did the same.

in a few days your boobs ill adjust and produce enough milk for him.

you're doing great ! and its obvious he is :lol:

i think he will feel loads better without the thrush - hes most prob feeling much more content :hug:

thing is, he seems to want to go bk on again now :lol: nt suprised his tummy is upset lol.

ill leave it a few mins to settle down

mmmm

is he bringing up wind before you lay him down?

make sure he does. this is why he may be posseting.

Just keep feeding him as he wants it. hes very young and needs regular feeds. :hug:

Bailey sometimes brings back milk if hes been greedy too.. sounds quite normal,

also i was told when they do be sick it always looks more than it actually is..

how is he now hun :hug:

he is still bringing bits up. he did it just then in middle of burping him.

its just the big bits that worry me.

he was really unsettled last night too. and has wanted nothing but boobie :(

kels try not to let it get you down. Rest as much as you can today and eat plenty of food and drink water or jiuce or whatever you like.
I think hes having a growth spurt right now and you may find he feeds loads for a few days.
Try and keep relaxed as you can and tell yourself its normal (coz it is) nothings wrong with him.

as i said earlier eat plenty as you need it to feed him. Rest as much as you can too. Sleep with him. Feed him laying down on the bed so you can both drift in and out of sleep.
The thing i ate when mine were mega booby feeding were porridge oats, -

budge said:
Rest as much as you can too. Sleep with him. Feed him laying down on the bed so you can both drift in and out of sleep.
-

i did that last night and i actually fell asleep with him still feeding, i woke up and shit myself! will not do it again :hug:

thanks budge. i know its normal, but it doesnt stop you worrying at times does it :)

i did that last night too. the first time ive managed to feed him laying down :) was nice.

i do try to rest. but atm, adams gran is ill. and we will proberly take riley up to see her today (heart failure, nothing contagious) so its hard.

but talking of food, thats a mighty good idea.

gna have some wheatabix i think :)

yep! enjoy eating.

it is a worry i agre and the first thing that pops into your head is that you're milk is going and baby is not getting enough but its not.

:hug:

in a few days things wil have settled down and you'll be fine

well, my main worry was, he might not be keeping enough of it in his tummy. and wont thrive.

keslo66 said:
well, my main worry was, he might not be keeping enough of it in his tummy. and wont thrive.

he will. Take him to the weighing thing at clinic every week and see. this will reassure you :hug:

My clinic is shut for 2 weeks now.. how bad is that, im hoping the breastfeeding lady will weigh him next week..

added u :hug:

i had him weiged a week ago, and the hv didnt give me another appointment :? so lord knows when im to go back.

bf group can weigh them, but thats shut today :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back