• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MIL grrrrrrrr

weestar21

Reaction score
sorry need a moan

ok as most of yous know my MIL seems to buy everything before we get a chance to buy anything for instance we said last x-mas we would get Adele a pink tv and dvd player for her room, his mum went and bought one the next day!!

So we decided not to let on anymore what we were going to get Colby and Adele this year for x-mas so we would be in with a good chance of buying them something we wanted to buy them so we decided we were going to get Adele a groovy chick bike and helmet as she just loves groovy chick. Went to his mums yesterday and guess what was sitting in her room yes a groovy chick bike and helmet in the flamming boxes grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr was only just now OH told me he let it slip to her :roll: on monday when i was out to lunch with lucy pips and sylvia.

Now were lost on what to get her as she has everything i know xmas is still ages away but what can you get a 4yr old that has everything :think: im fed up just being left getting them clothes because his mum always has to do better than us and getting the big things

am i over reacting?

i guess on a positive side it saves us some money but they are our kids and it should be us who get them the big stuff instead of the boring stuff i just dont want them growing up thinking we always got the rubbish gifts

I know it must be annoying but I would just let them get on with it. The chances are they dont know who got them what and whats to say that these are the pressies they like best.
I say to my parents and inlaws what i would like them to get and end up getting the smaller things. I am spending money buying things all the time.

i would be so peeed off thats not nice, that was ur idea and i know what it feels like to get excited about buying ur kids stuff you really think they will like.

i'd have a word if i was you i could'nt put up with that :?

xhannahx

ive tried so many times telling them wait untill we get our stuff first untill they go buy there stuff, but OH said they only do it to save us money but what the fecking point is that money isnt the point its what we want to buy them but were left with the crap clothes (ok they aint crap i just think its boring buying clothes all the time)
ok moans over im going to shut up now....lol

hasn't it been your daughters birthday about a month ago as well?

she might say she wants some other things before christmas i.e dvds or things for her bedroom, stuff with groovy chicks things on them that just come out.

y is your MIL turing it into a competition. They are your kids, maybe you need to beat that into her :twisted: lol. You know what id do id tell her that you were buying something that the kids really hated, but said they love it. Just to see the look on your MILs face when the kids dont like what she has cought. Sorry maybe to evil. I just dont understand why on earth she has to buy things that you are going to get. Have you tried talking to her about it? From the sounds of her I doubt she'd listen if you mentiond it.

Sorry had another idea hehe

Why not give adele the argos cataloge and ask her what she REALLY likes in it?

violet-glow said:
y is your MIL turing it into a competition. They are your kids, maybe you need to beat that into her :twisted: lol. You know what id do id tell her that you were buying something that the kids really hated, but said they love it. Just to see the look on your MILs face when the kids dont like what she has cought. Sorry maybe to evil. I just dont understand why on earth she has to buy things that you are going to get. Have you tried talking to her about it? From the sounds of her I doubt she'd listen if you mentiond it.

ha ha u make me laugh that is evil but a good idea none the less i would be tempted but don't think i could do it through fear of the outcome :shock:

might cause a few rifts.

no i still think you have the right to say they are my kids i buy the decent presents even if shes being nice its making you feel bad.

Vicky said:
hasn't it been your daughters birthday about a month ago as well?

she might say she wants some other things before christmas i.e dvds or things for her bedroom, stuff with groovy chicks things on them that just come out.

yeah it was her b/day back in april we were left with her new bed and groovy chick covers to buy her ok i know it was a bit expensive for a 4yr olds b/day but i wanted her out of the cotbe/bed for Colby.
so his mum bought her, groovy chick skates, a pair of lonsdale trainers,. a pair of nike trainers, loads of clothes, a ring, a chain with her name on it, wallace and grommit collectable figures you paint 2 of, a wallace and grommit statue of the whare rabbit, what else :think: oh yeah and the flipping birthday cake.
im sorry maybe im a bit tight arsed when it comes to money but me personally doesant like going over the top when it comes to birthdays the only reason she got a £200 bed was because i needed to get her one and cos this one is so big it will do her for years. But i think his mum just likes to show off sometimes because they can afford things that we cant :roll:

hmm, tough one!

I think, I would get some ideas through conversations I would have with Adele, and not even tell OH!!! I know, it's mean, but I would keep it for myself!
or, I would make a list of sooooo many things she'd want, that your Mil would either not be able to buy everything, or get annoyed that you expect her to get everything !

Having said that, you know, my mum always gave me gifts, like big things, etc... whereas my dad would take me to places and spend time with me...well, I let you guess which I preferred! :)
Why don't you organise a day out somewhere for Xmas like eurodysney and hotel there, or something ? (esp with all the money you saved thanks to your Nil! Lol!!!!)
but remember one thing:
At the end of the day, YOU are their mummy, hun, and she is only their grand-mother, and she can't beat that! :wink: no gift will ever change that!
Maybe that's her way to compensate!

Take care,
Mel xx

What a wierd situation

I guess you cant argue with your MIL's contribution, but then again if its interfearing with your own plans...

I think you should talk to her about it if thats possible, make her tone down a bit on what she's buying

:wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back