Midwifes yesterday & Reflexology?

lmarszall

Reaction score
Hi All,

Had the midwife yesterday and all was well. Bump still 2cm ahead but thats fine. Told her about all my various issues! Heartburn, sciatica, rib pain, chest pains, breathlessness, lol :rotfl: But she loves me!

Any way there is not much they can do i just seem to be one of those people who suffer more than others. Anyway i said that i was taking iron but am still really exhausted and out of breath. They did my bloods which i get back friday probably. She also said that some people just don't absorb iron. Which i never have very well and have suffered with aneamia since i was 16 (on and off).

She said if thats the case they make you go to hospital and give you iron intravenously! So that sounds fun!

Lets hope my iron is ok.

I also had my last anteclass last night. The midwife said that she knows some midwifes who practise reflexology and some people have it from 37 weeks to prevent them going overdue and to bring on labour, and apparently it works.

Well i asked if she could do it for pregnancy ailments and she is getting me her number. So hopefully she can help make my pregnancy a bit more manageable.

Has anyone had any experience with reflexology? I have never had it done. Hope its not too expensive too!

Love
Laura
xxx

I had relexology once before .I wasn't pg and didn't feel it made much difference but is certainly worth a shot.

I would just be happy if the reflexology meant i could get at least one nights sleep.
At the moment i only get about two hours sleep a night if i'm lucky :(

Laura
xx

I don't know very much about reflexology Laura, but I think anything is worth a try if you believe it will help you, and it is about easing those tensions within so I do hope it works for you :hug:
I've had issues with sciatica so do know how difficult it can be at times, I find not sitting in one position too long helps, although bedtime is more tricky, I would suggest a pregnancy pillow if you don't have one, also raising the bottom of your matress to help blood flow.

Hi Laura, I shouldn't really be here, as I am still in week 25 :shock: Just wanted to have a look and saw your entry on reflexology - I can highly reccommend it, as i have been receiving treatment since early pregnancy, and it has really helped me with back trouble - not sciatica, lumbar, but still.. also helps me with retaining liquid. I mean, it may not be perfect for everyone, but it might make life a bit easier. As far as price is concerned, I cant help, as I live in Spain, and prices here are very different,

Good luck! :cheer: :hug:

Lisa

Thanks everyone!

I will give it a shot. No harm in trying. Even if i use the money i am saving for baby it will worth it i suppose.

As for the body pillow. Yep, got one!

Tried everything when it comes to trying to sleep and nothing works, lol!

Lau
xx

Hiya,

I have tried some relaxation CD's but not that one inparticular. I wonder if it works. Maybe payday i'll invest....

Lau
x

I had reflexology when I went overdue :D

It was GREAT, I was being induced the next day, but I'm convinced it really helped my body get ready for labour. The guy that did it ( my friends husband) was begging me not to be induced cos the refloxolgy would work on its own given and extra day or 2 but I couldn't wait anymore.

My labour was very fast, which is unusual for an induction, he also gave me a bottle of essential oils to smell during labor which I think helped too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back