midwife yesterday,

gypsy

Reaction score
Had my first appointment yesterday to be told although I have had to consecutive miscarriage I won't be entitiled to an early scan until there are problems with this one.
Also she said my due date was 27th Oct but she said I was only 5 weeks yesterday.
How can we have roughly the same EDD but be a week out from wach other.
Even FF says I am 6 weeks but when I questioned it she wouldn;t check and just said no you are 5 weeks today

That's confusing? :think:

Think positive hun, if your MW thinks there is nothing to be worried about then try not to worry (although I know it must be hard :hug: )

This is a new pregnancy - wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!! xx

That's really confusing. I can't believe she refused to re-check her dates. When you get your scan you can prove you are right!

You are 1 day further along than me!

ooo Lynsey, nice to know someone close to my date.....hello :wave:
I have to wait for my date to come through the post.
Midwife reckoned I have it in 2 weeks

Stick to your dates, the scan will confirm things anyway.

it's a shame that you can't get an early scan. Everywhere is different.

I am due then too! :wave: :wave: :wave:

I wonder why she wouldn't double check her dates? :think: As everyone says the scan will confirm everything.

I am also hoping for an early scan due to a previous miscarriage. Apparently the standard scan at my hospital is 14 -17 wks. No way I'm waiting that long, I'd rather get a private scan for piece of mind.

thats a shame about the scan, i am getting an early scan but i think i was lucky in that the doctor i saw had had a mc and so was very sympathetic- io never asked for one tho. i also suffer with anxiety so that may be part of it too
hope tho that all goes well and u have no need for early scans!
i havent seen the midwife yet i think i will book in soon
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarniReid
Back