• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Midwife still not called - unacceptable now?

Rosie's Mummy

Reaction score
My midwife has not called for the third time that she said she would. I bumped into her on Friday and she apologised for not phoning me the day before on the Thursday, before that she was supposed to phone me the week before. Im now starting to wonder what to do? I havent had a booking in appointment and have no notes. I have tried to phone her but the line goes to answerphone. I can't believe that she has been so busy as to forget yet again, I watched her write it in her diary. What should I do? I need to be referred to the hospital Im going to as they will be doing my scan and I want that so badly, the rate Im going I wont get one! How frustrating! :wall2::wall2::wall2:

This is really unacceptable.
Have you tried getting another midwife? As she does not sound like a reliable person and do you really want her helping you through your birth?

Have you spoken to your doctors or anyone in the area to see what they suggest or to see why the midwife is taking so long to get back to you?

No - I had her last time for my ante-natal care and she was fine, this time though I cant pin her down! I havent experienced a booking in appointment before as I was living abroad when I fell pregnant last time and only saw an obstetrician. Im really p*ssed off that she hasnt called, once ok, twice maybe but three times??!! I dont really want to change midwife as she operates from my surgery. Quandry!

you might b waitin longer if shes no bothered to sort you out by now its totally not hun.
i would ring the place for where she is and ask for her there n then or change midwives as shes not helped you she seems useless not forgetful. bet you'd get sorted quicker by another midwife x

I would agree this is totally unacceptable, its not like you even have an appointment coming up! If I were you Id leave a voicemail message and say that you referred yourself to the midwives on... (date)... and you are now 10 weeks pregnant and you have still not got a booking in appointment arranged. Ask specifically for someone to phone you straight back. Id probably hae a stroppy tone of voice too, but then thats just me ;)

Leave your phone number on the message so they dont even have to bother pulling your paperwork out to phone you back... then you're making it easier for them!!

Good luck!

Im now considering changing surgeries - the one in my village also has a midwife. I might just go up there tomorrow and register. Talk about inconvenience! Grrrrrr!!

I agree with Lovisa, i'd swap midwofes, really not the kind of midwife i'd want at my birth - just incase she forgot to turn up!!!

Really do hope you get it sorted soon, I would also report it to your doctors, it really is unacceptable.

it isn't on really, hope u get on better at the other surgery :hug:

She just rang me! 6.40pm!! - she is coming to see me on Wednesday! *faint*

good grief, she likes to build up the tension doesnt she!! Glad you didnt have to change surgery

well at least she rang in the end eh? You should have had your booking in appiontment at least 2 weeks ago!! xx

glad she rang hopefully everything will slip into place and go smoothly for you now :)

that took her some time... hope she is a bit more on the ball with the rest :flower:

Yes thank goodness she called in the end, I didnt really want to go through the whole changing surgeries thing. All the ante-natal appointments I will have will be at the surgery so at least she will be there. Thanks for your posts laydees!

only just seen this but glad shes finally rang! bet you're relieved now at last! just can't believe you haven't had a booking in appointment - I had mine today and have just been given my scan date so am very excited now!!!!! xx

me too, that must have been horribly frustrating!!

Yes frustrating is the word, it felt like I didnt matter and wasnt important enough for a phonecall. Ho hum - lets see if she shows up tomorrow, we are forecast snow so I really hope it doesnt affect my appointment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back