Midwife Appt

Lind

Reaction score
Went to see Simon, my midwife, and when i got in there he gave me a nice lil card to carry with me at all times. Turns out im A rhesus negative like my mum, so i have to have the lovely Anti D injections in my bum. He booked me into the Anti D clinic for one at 28 weeks and another at 34 weeks.

I also heard the baby's heartbeat, which was good, hadn't heard it b4. I made him count how fast its going and he laughed at me 'saying your not doing the old wives tale are you' :lol:

So i don't see him now until after my next scan.

Male midwife...how cool!

There is a huge gap between this midwive appointment and the next scan, well it feels that way anyway!

Glad you got to hear the heartbeat today, its ace isn't it? :D

glad it went well...I love hearing LO's heart beat

glad all went well hun, id love to have a male midwife!!

Thanks girls, yeah he's lovely, can have a laugh with him. It was great to hear the heartbeat, really clear and loud.

Glad it went well - it is lovely listening to the heartbeat isn't it?

Your second scan will be upon you in no time at all!

LBxx

Hmm a male midwife? Does that make him a "midhusband"?? :lol:

Glad to hear it went well. Did you make a guess on the speed of the heartbeat after all?

Sabrina
x

Thanks girls. Yeah he said the heartbeat was about 130, so old wives tale says boy. Just for fun tho.

Lind,

how does the old wives tale about the heartbeat per minute work? I was told my LO's hbpm was 162 then I found out I'm having a Boy. Does that fit?

Sabrina
x

Sabrina, they say under 140 bpm a boy and over a girl. Obviously wrong in your case :rotfl:

:shock: Oops. Seems my LO is a bit overactive!

Sabrina
x

Glad you got to hear the heartbeat, it's amazing isn't it. I went to see mine on Jan 10th and won't see her again until after the 20 week scan which should be around the 2nd week in Feb. The appointments not even come through yet though! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back