1st Midwife appointment

clairedoran

Reaction score
Saw my community midwife for the first time today. She's a lovely Irish lady that I saw a couple of times with my first. Anyway she did the fetal heart beat and said 'another girl then?' and I said 'Oh, were not finding out' and she said 'I'm never wrong, it's another girl'. She was very nice about it, but it's got me convinced i'm having a girl now. I looked in my notes to see what the heart beat was but it just says 'heard' and not the beats per minute. It sounded very fast. Anyone elses midwife been right? It was 140bpm at my 20 weeks scan

Also i've heard it's not entirely an old wives tale as in labour a girls heart beat is significantly higher than a boys :think:

xx

ooh cant wait for replies at 16 wks FH was 160 so on that theory does that mean a girl? I asked my MW about sounds heart beats make and she sort of avoided the question :think:

aramintalovegrove said:
ooh cant wait for replies at 16 wks FH was 160 so on that theory does that mean a girl? I asked my MW about sounds heart beats make and she sort of avoided the question :think:

With Rebekah her hb was consistently 160 and above. My midwife was pretty adament today, to the point that I now feel i've found out the sex!!

xx

My MW is a ditzy older lady (she's always getting things wrong) and when she asked last week what the sex is, I said girl and she smiled then shook her head and said "I still feel it's a boy for some reason"...

Not the best thing to say when I have bags and bags of girls clothes in my bedroom :evil: Grrr she really annoys me!!

ANYWAY, I bet it's got you thinking!! It's all very exciting though that you don't have a clue until he/she is born! :cheer: xx

dannii87 said:
My MW is a ditzy older lady (she's always getting things wrong) and when she asked last week what the sex is, I said girl and she smiled then shook her head and said "I still feel it's a boy for some reason"...

Not the best thing to say when I have bags and bags of girls clothes in my bedroom :evil: Grrr she really annoys me!!

ANYWAY, I bet it's got you thinking!! It's all very exciting though that you don't have a clue until he/she is born! :cheer: xx

It has got me thinking Dannii. I've kind of been thinking girl, but now i'm convinced. Not sure how much longer I can stand now knowing!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back