Midwife Appointment

robtans1st

Reaction score
Had my 16 week midwife appointment today and although I saw a different lady to who I usually do. It was a complete waste of time! The only positive I got from it was I got to listen to the little ones heartbeat which was amazing and gave me a definate boost after feeling alittle low the last couple of weeks. But other than that I dont know why I bothered!! She was rude and totally dismissed any questions or comments I had. Was in and out in 5 minutes and was told that there was " alittle too much extra of me around my middle" which would make it harder to hear the heartbeat. I'm a size 14/16 and after the last week of tearing my hair out from frustration of not having any clothes that fit anymore and feeling like a big, fat lump with no sign of a baby bump, this was definately not what I needed!! I've only had 3 midwife appointments and all of them have left me feeling very disappointed and abit lost afterwards. I look very young for my age and I dont know if that has anything to do with it but i'm 25 and would have thought people who choose to go into midwifery would be more open minded! Sorry for the rant lol

Roll on 20 week scan :)

Awww she sounds horrible hun! There are definitely good and bad midwives out there...I've seen so many and thankfully haven't had any real complaints....but criticising your weight when you're not even that big anyway is well out of order! Reminds me of once when I had a smear test and the nurse smacked me on the arse telling me I carried alot of weight on my bum and hips - shocking!! xx

Hi hon, glad you got to hear the heartbeat, its ace isnt it! I'm still over the moon about hearing my little ones!!!
As for your midwife saying you might have trouble hearing it because of a bit of a middle, that is so wrong, I'm a size 24 and have quite a lot of 'middle' although it is slowly starting to be more baby now ;-) but we heard the heartbeat when the midwife brushed the doppler across my tummy to find the right spot, then when she pressed down it was really clear and loud and found straightaway, so clearly my flabby bits did nothing to hinder it!!!!!

Honestly sometimes I have no idea why some midwives go into that profession, you would think sympathy towards pregnant women and their feelings would be required!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back