Midwife 18/08/10

munchkin1982

Reaction score
Hey girlies, just thought i'd update you on what happened when I saw midwife today.

Well, to start with everything is fine :)

Got to hear our princess's heartbeat again which was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! I'll never tire of listening to that! Right little miss acrobat she was too! Even midwife was quite shocked ;-) But obviously on a good level lol :)

I was quite surprised to learn that we do not have antenatal classes as such down here any more but that they do a day's "course" on a sat at about 32 weeks... anyone else got or had this?

Was also told about some free weekly yoga classes which I really want to go to however, getting there could be a problem and will involve me on a minimum of 2 hours bus journeying time to get there :-( plus, getting home - no bus :-( so could prove difficult :-(

But, other than that, a well productive midwife session I feel :)

Just thought i'd let you know! :) xxx

Last edited:
Cool!! We don't have antenatal classes either where I live. But one Saturday a month they do a midwife open afternoon where you can go and ask anything. I'd still prefer a class structure I think though! X

:yay: glad it went well!! tbh i learnt more off the sister site than i did from my antenatal classes!!

I think i'm just panicing to be honest. I'm all one for structure and and the structure that classes can give would have been good plus would have been great for making a few new friends in the area! However, it is not to be...

Really hope this day course is good though. ;-)

Plus, the more i look into the pregnancy yoga classes, the more I am unable to attend them due to the serious lack of transport down here :-( What are peoples views on pregnancy yoga dvds???? :) xx

Poops I forgot to ask about antenatal classes will have to wait til 29 weeks now to find out! argh!

aaawww bless you! can't you ring your midwife and check? x

Glad it went well for you

Shame about the antenatal classes, as great way to meet mums first time round
do you have any swimming facilites near you, or is that the same thing re the transport, as they sometimes do antenatel waterobics to meet mums, that's what I am thinking of doing!

If not how about joining Netmums online and meet mums or mums to be in your area, it looks very good, maybee some of them can tell you what they did or can share a lift?

Last edited:
aaawww, thanks JJ Mum... you are full of such great advice that we never think of!

They are hoping be running some swimming classes for mums etc in our village swimming pool from september so after the last 15 years, I will be buying a swimming costume again! Lol

Will definately have a look into trying to find anyone that may be able to give me a lift etc as the yoga classes sound fun... :)

Thanks again hun :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannhknite
Back