disappointed

claire_louise

Reaction score
well you all know how much i like my midwife (i mean that genuinly) so i was really looking forward to my 24 week appointment today (few days early)

so i rush straight from work to the health centre (40 mins on bus) and wait to be called, only its not my normal mid wife, dont get me wrong she was nice, but she didnt introduce herself, there was no explanation as to where lucy (normal mid wife) was, and she was really rushed as she was running late, i've never gone in on time, but its always been fine

im pleased everythings ok with baby, got to hear her hb for about ... 30 seconds if that, i forgot to ask all the questions i wanted to, about health stuff and most importantly anti natel classes. which are in january(not long now)

sorry rant over

That happened to me except the first midwife wasn't great but the next one was lovely! We have 4 midwives at our health centre so you never know which one you'll get - sort of annoying cos I can't name my midwife is you know what I mean?

aww hun can ya not make another appointment and get to ask the questions that you want to??

MrsBrightside said:
aww hun can ya not make another appointment and get to ask the questions that you want to??

was thinking of it, but theyre jam packed till christmas, and im working as much as i can

i managed to find out a few things from my friend about anit natel classes etc,so i've chilled a bit :oops:

only one im looking forward to is the hospital tour, but i've already seen a lot of the maternity ward after having a bleed at 14 weeks, plus i know someone who works there lol

Awww keep all the questions for the best midwife, it's not far round the corner. I finally have an appointment next Monday - 1st time I've seen anyone in nearly 3 months (!!!) That's my rant over too :lol:

midna said:
Your not missing out tbh ..I went to one was a waste of fkin time ..certainly wernt gonna waste time on others lol. Youll be more prepared by just reading this forum :hug:

I agree with that. Here you just get one long antenatal class at around 35 weeks (9-4 on a Saturday) and I have never been so bored in my life. You will certainly find out everything you need or want to know from here and it will be far more informative than if your antenatal class(es) is anything like mine!

My midwives also work in a team so I see whoever is there when my appointment comes around. To be honest I've seen someone so few times that even if it had been the same midwife, I still don't think she'd remember me. :roll: I saw a midwife at 10, 16, 28, 31 and 34 weeks. I will see her again next week at 37 weeks and that is my last official appointment - apparently they 'might' come and see me at home if baby hasn't arrived after due date (and apparently you get seen even less if it is not your first pregnancy!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back