middle name

BumbleTumble

Reaction score
ok, so i had originally chosen Scarlett as a middle name for her (which is my middle name) but am reconsidering.

i am no longer with the father and he doesnt want any involvement at all, and he is British-Bangladeshi. I was thinking maybe i could choose a Bengali middle name, because she will be mixed race and she will have a name to maybe feel more part of that?

its just, when she is older, she may have some identity issues or feel like she doesnt belong as all my family are white british. and would want her to have some sort of sense of belonging, as this will be part of her.

i know its early to be thinking of all this, but because of things going on, i am extra conscious!

i do tend to over analyse things also! (thats what you get when you study psychology :p)

so, anyone have any thoughts? and this includes telling me that im being really stupid!!

i dont think its stupid at all hun its a lovely idea :) xx

Its a fab idea, my LO is having her daddys name of Leigh as her middle name combined with mine, the dads will be a part of them whether they're involved or not xxx

thanks deedee and Loula :)

i have begun researching names, im saying them out loud to Jasmine to see if she responds more to one than the other! i know she cant understand things yet, but i like doing silly things like that :p

aww i think thats sweet, i do things like that, like asking my bump a question and seeing if she responds :lol: xx

aww i think thats sweet, i do things like that, like asking my bump a question and seeing if she responds :lol: xx

I got caught doing that in Morrisons, asked bubs if he/she wanted a YumYum!!

Bumble, I think it's a lovely idea, and I was inspired to look up some Bengali girls' names. I'll write down any I think go with Jasmine, but I'm sure you've already looked them all up!! xx

I like:

Chandra
Indrani
Isha (I know a wee girl called this, it would put me off but don't let it put you off!!)
Mallika
Priya (from Big Bang Theory!!)

I also have a friend called Samina, but I'm not sure if this is predominantly an Indian name? Jasmine Samina sounds beautiful though xx

thanks Leesey :)

those are lovely names, i really like Isha and Samina ( i also love big bang theory :p)

love that you asked LO in morrisons if they wanted a yumyum! brilliant!

I think its a lovely idea, really like Jasmine Samina, sounds lovely! You could even have Scartlett in there as well? Jasmine Scarlett Samina or Samina Scarlett? Sounds nice both ways imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back