• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Middle name help

Boobaby

Reaction score
Evening lovelies!

So my OH and I have been discussing baby names and I think we might have agreed on a name but we’re struggling for middle names. I’m almost 32 weeks and we don’t know what we are having.

For a first name we like Jessie / Jesse (Jessie is also my OH’s late grandmas name). For a girl I wanted to use my Nanna’s name who I lost in February as baby’s middle name, so Jessie Elsie, but I don’t know if it sounds silly? Do we name her Jess Elsie then just call her Jessie maybe?

For a boy I have no idea on middle names I originally liked Rafe as a first name, but not sure if that sounds silly as a middle name? Don’t want to use my OHs name as a middle name (Jamie) as I think it’s too close to Jesse James? Any ideas of names that might go well that aren’t overly common?

All of this is because my OH wants baby to have a unisex name as we both have unisex names (I’m Jordan), that begins with J....so we can all be J.*surname* :wall2:

I think a meaningful / family middle name is a lovely idea
(one of mine has a family name and the other doesn't though LOL!)

Jessie Elsie does sound a bit clunky but its not a double barrelled name so they wont be said together all that often?

Rafe could be a lovely middle name for a boy, I imagine it will go with most names?

Would you be using Jesse for a boy too?

X

Could you use Jessica Elsie but call her Jessie?

Thanks for your replies Carnat and Loula!

Carnat - It definitely won’t be double barrelled, so you’re right it won’t get said that often, but I’m with you that I just don’t think it sounds right. If it’s a boy it will still be Jesse, just the male spelling of it, with potentially Rafe as a middle name?

Loula - I’d considered calling her Jessica then just shortening it, will have to mention it to the OH, see if he agrees x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back