Met with my consultant

Lynsey

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Well I finally met with my consultant at the hospital to talk about why I gave birth to my first son at 34 weeks (my waters just went for no reason and he was born 4 hours later!).

They reckon I had group b strep that went undetected and then made my waters rupture :shock: It's not 100% but its kind of good to know a reason.

So, for this baby, they have scheduled in extra scans at 28 & 34 weeks, I have to have a high cervical swab taken at every midwife appointment (yuck - :puke:) and from now until the birth, I have antibiotic cream to take which is disgusting. I guess it is all for a good cause!

They reckon that no infection can get past them with all this :rotfl:

Hope you are all well :D

its good that their keeping an eye on you hun, I sympathise with the cervical swab, I had to have an internal and it was the most awful thing ever. Yay for getting to see LO again! :cheer:

Im glad they are looking after you too!! :hug:

Glad to hear they're looking after you. No infection will get past all that :D

It's really interesting to hear what's happening to you because my waters went at 34+2 with my first baby. I was contracting but they kept stopping and starting and was induced at 35 weeks.

I never found out why my waters broke.

Apart from seeing the consultant at 36 weeks, they're not doing anything extra for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back