Consultant

katietateypot

Reaction score
Had to see a consultant this morning as they want to monitor me closely due to my past.
they have me down as high risk so i have been told using a birth pool is out of the question :(

The consultant was going through my medication with me and asking about how i was put on each thing then went on to talk about my scar and said they had a meeting to discuss me and feel they dnt want to say for definate now i have to have a c-section and feel they are for now going to push me for a vaginal birth BUT i have to be seen every 4 weeks for scans after i hit 28 weeks to monitor baby as they feel she could become too stressed and they may need to intervene.
she said she would rather do this than leave me and have to do an emergency c-section.

Im so confused and i know the c-section is only an option but i hadn't really thought about it as i thought i would be OK.

Sorry for going on im just frustrated and upset!

Katie xx

Why are they monitoring you like this? Is there a problem with your scar? (Im assuming its from a previous section?) I hope it goes ok and you dont have to have a section :hug:

No my scar is high up, i was in a RTA and had some stuff removed. No spleen and only a bit of pancreas left.

They say im high risk because of this, i also have some back problems but don't think they're worried about that as my pelvis seems to be ok. xxx

:hug: At least they're keeping a close eye on you and hopefully they'll be able to give you a more definite plan closer to the time x

Sorry it mightn't go as planned hun :(

i think im just being abit over dramatic to tell you the truth.
I like to plan things way in advance, my councellor thinks i have ocd with making plans and being over prepared as i do lists with tick boxes even for the tidying. :roll:

Its disapointing that i wont know whats going to happen until closer to the time. I know they will do whats best though.
Looking forward to my other scans aswell!! :) xx

:hug: I can understand how you feel hun. I read somewhere that people with BMI over 30 cant use birthing pool and mine is 30, Im still not sure whether Ill be allowed or not and its worrying not being able to mentally prepare. But to look on the positive side you and your little one are going to be so well looked after by your consultant/antenatal staff, think of it as getting special treatment and enjoy the scans, its a great opportunity to bong with your little one before the birth.

Hope you feel better soon xxx

I understand now, they might be worried about your scar rupturing perhaps. Its best to be safe, can you plan anything else like something nice after the birth or something that you know you will be able to do/have/eat when baby is born. Perhaps something that you are in control of will make you feel better about some of the birth. Big :hug: xx

not that i can think of....we are having a little party when she arrives as she will not be getting christened so could always turn my attention to that perhaps.

I will find something :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back