Messy play?!

twinkle84

Reaction score
I with children and the 3 yr olds love love things like glup, shaving foam etc was going to out some on little ones highchair tray but he's obv just gona try eat it? Anyone know if this is ok? And any other ideas with a baby? I mean obv I won't let him eat it but u know what I mean?! Is 7 months too young?! I did ice cubes he loved that!! X

i took marley to play group last week and they had a messy play area. and did we get messy! all the products that they use were obviously non toxic though.. first thing he did was try and eat the shaving foam, but after realising it wasnt yummy he just played with it with his hands and covered my face etc. there were also non toxic finger paints which he loved and he did daddy a painting!!!! there were glitters etc. i dont really have any other ideas though tbh??? have fun!

Water is a good one for messy play with really little ones - plastic cups etc and a big washing up bowl or paddling pool :) x x x

the glup is fine. I do that with my LO and she loves it. I havent tried shaving foam yet cause I thought the same thing about eating it but I guess if its non-toxic it should be fine. She did some paintings yesterday and she didnt try and eat them, so maybe they just figure out its not food. :/ I put my LO in the paddling pool in a nappy and she did the painting in there. Much cleaner lol.

the glup is fine. I do that with my LO and she loves it. I havent tried shaving foam yet cause I thought the same thing about eating it but I guess if its non-toxic it should be fine. She did some paintings yesterday and she didnt try and eat them, so maybe they just figure out its not food. :/ I put my LO in the paddling pool in a nappy and she did the painting in there. Much cleaner lol.

ahhh thats a great idea.... will be trying that one out!

We sometimes do messy play with food, just cos there is no keeping things away from Lizzie's mouth! It's more fun with food that she's not really allowed (like squirty cream lol), but safer than shaving cream iykwim?

Amy sounds lots of fun!! Thank u thank u thank u all for responses!! I've taken note of non toxic but Becky squirty cream is a fab idea haha!! X

Thanks very much he'll want to eat that because even I want to eat playdoh ha x

thing about it is , its not toxic if they eat a bit . Obviously better not to eat it though :) Aoibheann loves it , she loves helping me make it too xx

We used to do shaving foam with the younger ones at nursery when i was a student- once they learnt it tasted nasty they just thought it was fun to spread over everything! we also did instant mash with different food colourings instead of playdough of the 'babies' and just made it thicker then you would normally and taphioca(sp?) sometimes mixed with a bit of water so it stuck together and sometimes without so it looked like little polystierene(sp?) balls.

Waters a definate, non toxic paint def- painting with fingers and straws. Jelly? My preschoolers loved it and while LO will probs eat it, it's fun to squish first=D

The saltdough mix is ace though and will save you a fortune!

If i think of anything else we used to do i'll let you know.

LuX

Wher do you guys get non toxic paints from? can you do a home made version? heh

Wher do you guys get non toxic paints from? can you do a home made version? heh
You could put food colouring in rice pudding ? Not paints but basically a fun non toxic colourful mess to put on paper . A lot of children's paints are non toxic anyway , just check the backs of them , I found them in a pound shop x

Got some non toxic paint from wilkinsons! X
Thanks Lu fab ideas! Love the jelly idea xx

Hehe I loved it when we did jelly! the whole nursery smelled like strawberrys! heheh!!

We also used to add like a bit of baby lotion to the paints so it came off them and anything it shouldn't be on a little easier, really good way of getting cheaper facepaints that too, cant quite remember how much paint to baby lotion though..... will ask around a few students I know and see if they remember lol!

LuX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back