Message from SarahH

jools221181

Reaction score
Just got a message from Sarah on Facebook. They have arrived safely :cheer: and she has asked me to update you all :D

Hey!!!
We made it - only just!!!! Literally had like 5min to get the flight in Paris as the one from Aberdeen was delayed... then when we got to Houston, Immigration obviously didnt like the look of me so me and Arianna (who was thankfully sleeping!) was taken through to a little office and questioned as to why we were here, last time we were here... Read more, why my husband came in on another flight, how much money I was carrying - blah blah blah!! Thankfully they still let us in - had visions of being on the flight back to the UK!!!
Also, only got one suitcase!! The other 3 are still in Paris - should get them delivered to us tonight!!
Arrrrgggghhh!! Apart from that we are good!
Please pass this on to the PF ladies and I will be back on line later! Away to I-Hop for pancakes!! Yummmmmy!!
S. xx

:D :D :D

glad she got there safely pity about immigration and suitcases :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Glad she is there safe! But gosh thats enough to put me off going to America! lol

Shame about suitcases and immigration but glad they are safe and well :hug: :hug:

Yo Peeps!!

Thanks Julie for posting that for me :)

Well... we got here! I was shattered by the time we got back to the house last night! The Aberdeen to Paris flight was delayed as they had to de-ice the plane so that left me 15min to get off the plane, through connections and security and to the gate for Houston flight :shock:

I got through secruity, walked round the corner and someone shouted "Houston" which I said yes and he said "you better run as they are away to close the gate :shock: :cry: I ran stupidly fast nearly knocking people down with Arianna's buggy!

The next flight was fine! Arianna was perfect and slept for about 4hrs of it. She also fell asleep again for landing which was great considering we had to be swept through to an immigration office which was awful!!
Sat in there with a heap of Mexicans who were clearly wanting to seek asylum in the US. Poor Brian and his Dad were worried about me as they called my mobile phone to see where I was and I got shouted at by some big muscly guy (with a gun!) to "TURN THAT CELL OFF" :cry:

Finally got called forward, asked all the why are you here, why has your husband came in a seperate flight, blah blha blah questions, told to sat down again then I was called forward again I was give my passports back and told I was free to go. Phew!!

Then... went through to pick up my luggage and only one case was there!! The other three didnt make the flight in Paris, which I wasn't really surprised with as we barely made it!
So... my missing cases should get delivered to the house later tonight :pray:

Anyways... it is lovely and sunny here, not too hot, but not freezing either! Arianna is loving spending time with her Daddy, Nana & Papa already!
When we arrived to the house, my MIL had put the xmas tree back up so we could celebrate it together :) so we all had gifts to open last night! :D

We went for a drive around earlier today and it is so sad to still see some of the damage caused by the hurricane early :(

Anyway.. I am off to help prepare tonights dinner! Speak to you all soon!

aww hope you's are having a great time :hug:

thats so scary about security btw :| i'd be terrified xxx

Glad you arrived safely - American immigration are nasty buggers, they had my cousin whipping her bra off and everything :rotfl:

I'd give anything to be in the warm weather, it's been raining here and it's FREEZING! I envy you right now.

Have loads of fun and time to relax! :hug:

glad you got there in the end!have a fantastic time,im sure you will :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

It sounds like you had a bit of a nightmare :hug: :hug:
So glad you are there and enjoying yourselves now though. Have fun :hug: :hug: :hug:

So glad you got there safely Sarah and are all having a fab time.

Such a shame about the after effects of the hurricane still being visible.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hey Hun

Glad you arrived safely after all the fiasco.

Have a great time :hug:

Thank you everyone!! I keep missing everyone as we are out and about through the day and by the time I am online at night once Arianna is in bed, it is like 3-4am with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back