Meralgia Paresthetica - update - i was right!!!!! lol

Kimbo

Reaction score
Anyone had this??
I've had it a few times not but last night the pain woke me up at 2.30am and i was in tears because it hurt so much.

It feels like someone is slashing my thigh with a knife and then setting fire to it. I tried walking around my bedroom for an hour but it didn't do anything, and then i went for a wee, sat on the toilet, and it felt like i was being stabbed again!

I went downstairs but my mum woke up and she thought something had happened because I was crying so much lol she got me a hot water bottle and some paracetamols, and the hot water bottle seemed to help a bit when i put it on my thigh, and i managed to get half an hour sleep on the recliner in the front room, but then woke up at half 4 and have been awake since with my thigh feeling like its got really bad sunburn.

i looked it up the other da and found this http://orthopedics.about.com/od/hipinju ... ralgia.htm

I've got my midwife appointment tomorrow morning but to be honest i dont think she will be able to do anything.
i know im being a soft cow but the pain i was getting last night is the worst pain i've ever experienced in my life!
I'm actually scared of going to bed tonight incase it starts all over again, cos that's how bad it was :cry: :cry: :cry:

please can i have some sympathy lol :(

Kim, I've never had it but just wanted to give you a big :hug: :hug:

xxxx

sorry i also know nothing about this condition but :hug:

:hug: Bless you :hug:

Can you not have a cortisone injection when you are pregnant?

You are allowed to take co-codamol tablets when you are pregnant, I take them occasionally for my pgp. It's not ideal to take them regularly but every now and then is ok.

xxxx

emma28 said:
:hug: Bless you :hug:

Can you not have a cortisone injection when you are pregnant?

i dont know... my midwife will probably know tomorrow

alfie said:
You are allowed to take co-codamol tablets when you are pregnant, I take them occasionally for my pgp. It's not ideal to take them regularly but every now and then is ok.

xxxx

i didnt know we were allowed to take these. yeah we've got some.
i need to sleep but i'm too scared to incase it happens again :sleep: :sleep:

I don't know anything about it babes, but it sounds like you need somes hugs. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: xxx

midna said:
Kimbo said:
i need to sleep but i'm too scared to incase it happens again :sleep: :sleep:

Lmao do what I do jus lay there extra still and brace yourself ... untill you gotta turn then ur screwed muwhaha xx :D

it aint sciatica its completely different

Aww hun, have some of these :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Hope it doesn't bother you again

fell asleep for four hours and it was ok, but now its started again :cry:

it feels like someone has covered my thigh in petrol and set fire to it :(

Never heard of it hun but sorry ur in pain. Big hugs :hug: xxxxx

Angelblue said:
Hope you managed to get some decent sleep last night Kim! :hug:

it was ok last night when i got in bed.. i have a huuuuuuuuge cushioln which i propped up and slept upright.
fell asleep at 9.30pm, and then i woke up and thought yay, i've slept all night! then looked at my clock and it was 2.15am! lol

by then all the feeling in my thigh had come back and it wasn't hurting.
so i decided to try and sleep on my left side because my bum was numb from being upright all night.. so fell asleep laid down (omg how comfy!) and then woke up at 4.30am and had lost all the feeling in my thigh again and its been murder since :wall: :wall: :wall:

midwife in an hour... pleasssssseeeeeeeee help me lol :pray:

Aye good luck kim...don't let them fob you off

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back