Mental health and pregnancy

They do ask and ask about your family's mental health but it's really to give you more support if needed

Sammielou that was all great advice. Thank you very much.

Hi Mac, I told the Midwife about my past issues because I said I didn't want it coming back!!!! I feel like I might need support because I hid it really well last time and I should have dealt with it earlier. I think they want to build a support system around you so they can help you IF needed. I've also been feeling low lately and wanting to stay in bed as much as possible. I think it's pregnancy tho hormones and tiredness. Plus we are not eating like you usually do. Hope your ok Hun xx

I didn't mention it when i had my daughter. Nor did i get pnd. Having my daughter 10 years ago was the best think that ever happened to me, i do wonder what would have happened to me had she not pooped into my life! :love:

Woohoo, avoided a referral to mental health team for now. Have to see gp monthly and pick up phone at any time for a referral if needed. Just using all my non med related coping things for now but gp will put me in any time when needed. I do feel supported this time round. Moved gp for pregnancy and best thing ive ever done. Actually getting listened to this time round.

That's really good to hear :) Keep taking good care of yourself.

This is quite a personal question. I appreciate that some may not want to answer but id appreciate even a personal message if you can answer some questions.

During booking appointment or at any time really during pregnancy is previous mental health history ever mentioned? Do midwives have access to medical records? Im concerned and kinda dont want to have to go into detail to midwife because im passed that part of my life and i dont want them to automatically assume im going to have issues post natal. I dont know why im so hung up on it but just feel im going to be judged thst i wont be a capable mother when im very mentally well right now, the best and happiest ive ever been.

Just want to know to prepare myself if i have to go into detail.
Hi there late reply to ur post as I have just joined. I went into a lot of detail with my midwife who basically made out I could tell her anything only to then be told some information she would pass on and look into! I felt betrayed and scared as all the things I told her were about baby father and issues with my mental health o had over come years before if I were you I would tell as they have access anyway just be prepared for a deep patronising conversation I joined this forum as I feel I can't talk or trust her anymore , Sara x

I ended up only saying one sentence pretty much and she obviously went and found out anyway. She referred me to mental health team! I was a bit annoyed she hadnt even asked but my GP is great, shes gonna oversee my mental health so im happier with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back