• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Meningitis

Beckyjane

Reaction score
Guy i work with has just been diagnosed with meningitis! :shock: dont know which typre but i am so scared! what ifi have already caught it! He is in hospital ina very bad way so i really worrying about him as well.

Havnt seen him since friday of last week. Anyone know if i could be infected? Havnt got any symptoms, how quickly would they come on. Appartly the hospital are gonna ring me cos he has told them i am pregnant and iv been around him. Ahhhhhhhhhh

Bless him for thinking of you. Not sure on incubation for meningitis but I was working with someone once who got it and we were all given a high dose antibiotic (one off tablet). Keep an eye on yourself hun but try not to obsess and ring your mw when you can if you need to talk to her.
If you have any worrying symptoms even mildly ring nhs direct or an ambulance if you feel really poorly. Am sure the risks are low but don't take any chances xxxxxxxxxxxx

Try not to worry too much the hospital Will be able to put your mind at ease when they get in touch just make yourself aware of the symptoms in the mean time. My brother had meningitis a few years ago and was very seriously ill with it he ended up in intensive care for over a week and in hospital a month thankfully he was ok. Even though he had it the hospital only gave the antibiotics to my mum and dad as he lived at home with them at the time so me and my hubby weren't even offered them they said even though we had regular contact with him there was little risk for us. Try not to worry if you are concerned in the slightest see your gp or go to casualty but I'm sure everything will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back